Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress.org Updated to 2.1

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Finally… There are a few bits and bobs to work out, but we should have things polished to a fine gloss here shortly.

New topics and replies are disabled while I situate a few things. Thanks everyone for your patience!

You are now able to create now topics and replies.

• This topic was modified 11 years, 9 months ago by John James Jacoby. Reason: Restoring ability to post
Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 41 total)

• pimarts
    Participant

@pimarts

Looking good!

pimarts
    Participant

@pimarts

Small bug: The links to Simple Setup / Fully Integrated / Multisite Forums on the frontpage seem to be pointing to the wrong place.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Thanks. I put some pages in place now. Need to write some copy next…

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Few biggish things to do:

* Migrate Codex
    * Redirect Legacy Plugins
    * Blog Sidebar and Comments

Lynq
    Participant

@lynq

Nice, I like it! Especially the CSS buttons. Currently updating one of my forums to 2.1 – looking good.

pimarts
    Participant

@pimarts

As for those CSS buttons, some of them could use a cursor:pointer, search button on the left for instance. Minor stuff, but still πŸ˜‰

Mark McWilliams

@markmcwilliams

Sweet, very snazzy looking. Glad to see bbPress.org finally using the plugin!

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Thanks everyone for the kind words. πŸ™‚

Anointed
    Participant

@anointed

Looks fantastic. Great job JJJ

Gautam Gupta
    Participant

@gautamgupta

Looks great!

r-a-y
    Participant

@r-a-y

Did you know that JJJ is also a great acronym to describe this?

Jubilant
    Joie de vivre
    Jazzy

πŸ™‚

Looks great! On the forums main page though it says “Forums” at the top instead of “Latest Topics”.

Erlend
    Participant

@sadr

Loving it!

Some “could be nice”s:

Frontpage: I think the 1-3 latest blog posts ought to be shown prominently somewhere on the front page.

Forum: Have you considered using the excellent WP Markdown plugin for this forum? I find it to be a really clever, future-proof alternative to bbcode.

• This reply was modified 11 years, 9 months ago by Erlend.

Lynq
    Participant

@lynq

I seem to be having trouble posting code to the forum, it wants to cut off the first part of it. Anyone else having issues or is this me doing something wrong?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Added wp-markdown. Let’s see how this goes. πŸ™‚

Anonymous User 5853594
    Inactive

@anonymized-5853594

Nice job on the upgrade JJJ!
    I like the new look of the site and forums, and I agree with Erlend to include the latest blogpost on the frontpage.

Looks awesome, congrats guys!

It’s kinda funny that I actually prefer markdown over TinyMCE. Think that is a habit I got from github πŸ˜›

Very nice! Preview rocks as well, great job guys!

Prometheus Fire
    Participant

@prometheus-fire

Looks good, feels snappier too for some reason…

Might want to make your, Create New Topic link into a more prominent button. I’m probably a retard, but I couldn’t find, just wasn’t seeing it on the page! Ended up having to type in the URL for the new topic page manually… πŸ™‚

Great work!! Is there a recent translation for Arabic version WP?

Erlend
    Participant

@sadr

Thanks for Markdown!

Got some more:

• Could really use a forum-wide search. So far it seems we only have board-wide (that’s what I prefer to call a single forum) and topic-wide.
    • Breadcrumbs would be nice in my opinion, but it’s a preference thing.
    • The tag cloud is so massive I don’t even dare look at it. It’d be interesting to track the amount of clicks those tags get. What purpose does the tag-cloud serve?

> @ziadmasry: Great work!! Is there a recent translation for Arabic version WP?

Ziadmasry,

You can see the current status of bbPress translations here:
    https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/bbpress/pluginΒ 

(Arabic has 132 of 842 translations, though all additional contributions would be welcome :))

Please see this post How do I change the language? (We will add this to the docs in the near future.)

That post has instructions for Spanish, its the same process except you substitute ES (Spanish) for AR (Arabic) where applicable, it’s an identical process for bbPress as it is for WordPress itself.

Β  1: https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/how-do-i-change-the-language/#post-113281

Markdown Plugin
    I like Markdown, though cutting & pasting the above text/reply crashed Safari on the iPad twice.
    Reproduce Steps: start a reply, I’m using this post itself for an idea on size, it is now so slow and I can’t type or delete text faster than one character a second.

Forum Wide Search
    See Trac Ticket #1575 https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1575
    The code in #1575 is a WP plugin ‘Search bbPress’ though it needs an update for bbPress 2.1 (remove old widget typo bug code and whatever else may need updating)
    Ideally getting #1575 closed and built into bbPress would be the ideal scenario πŸ™‚

Breadcrumbs & Tags
    These are features available in the bbPress software, as such I think they should be used here at bbPress.org/forums to help showcase the features of bbPress. As for the actual user experience/implementation of said features, ideas on how you use them and how they could be best used here would be great.

(~typing at only one character per second here, there is some performance issue with Markdown going on here or at least on iPad Safari)

Erlend
    Participant

@sadr

Re: Markdown

Feedback should be directed towards the WP-Markdown support forum.

Re: Search

wpmudev.org has got a very elegant forum search set up on their site, including an alternative Google search. Maybe they’ll share the code. I’ll refer them to this thread and try get a conversation going.

Re: Breadcrumbs & Tags

Agreed, I’ll do some mockups.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 41 total)
  • The topic ‘bbPress.org Updated to 2.1’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar