Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress.org Updated to 2.1 – Site down

• AAShepAA
    Participant

@aashepaa

John, my site was running fine. The only thing I did was pdated bbPress and now the whole site is down. I am at a loss as to where to start looking. I am using a child theme.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

John, my site was running fine. The only thing I did was pdated bbPress and now the whole site is down. I am at a loss as to where to start looking. I am using a child theme.

Could be anything. Plugin conflict, theme issue, etc… Will need tons more information. I’d suggest reverting bbPress back to an old version if it’s critical to get your site back up immediately, and doing a bit of testing to figure out what the incompatibility is before updating.

If it’s a bbPress bug, clearly we want to fix it so no one has the same issue in the future.

AAShepAA
    Participant

@aashepaa

John, I am back in. I went into my database>changed the theme to twentyten which allowed me to get back in. bbPress was not activated so I activated that. Selected the “mother” theme I was using and I am back up. Now I will trouble shoot the child theme to see the issues with that.

I thought this might help someone else.

AAShepAA
    Participant

@aashepaa

Just another update. It seems that “Theme My Login” plugin was one of the issues also.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Happy you were able to get it sorted! bbPress does some weird things with the login screen, and I’m going to look at making it behave better in 2.2.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar