Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbpress.org Still Alive?

• ExtremeSoccer

@extremesoccer

I am curious because there are A LOT of plugins that have not been updated in years and no longer work with the current bbPress. Why are they still listed? There are even some plugins that go to a 404 error page? Curious if bbpress is still being maintained…

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Jared Atchison

@jaredatch

Yes, it is still being maintained.

The plugins listed on bbpress.org are for bbPress v 1.x.

The current version of bbPress is 2.0.x and the plugins for it can be found on WordPress.org

https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/search.php?q=bbpress

Eventually the plugins listed on bbpress.org will be archived to help avoid confusion, but the bbPress project is very much alive :)

ExtremeSoccer

@extremesoccer

thanks. that cleared up a lot of issues I was getting with the plugins on this stie.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

The plugins page has a big yellow disclaimer on it, with a link to plugins for bbPress 2.0. The blog has recent posts, and the forum is alive and well. What makes you think it was ever dead?

raphaelsuzuki
    Participant

@raphaelsuzuki

Forums have been flooded with spam recently.

This could mislead someone to think that the project is abandoned too.

Martin
    Participant

@rastarr

That and maybe raise a good thread in how best to combat Spam in a bbPress forum.

To see this happen so much at bbPress.org certainly suggests to people that the forum software is wide open to spam attack, if you ask me.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

I understand that maybe you could misinterpret a lack of moderators to the entire project being dead, but topics like this only end up making the active contributors feel bad. There’s only so much time available to volunteer in the day. If you want to help us out, tag any spam topics as ‘modlook’ and Jared and I will go through them when we see them.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar