Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress.org – Opportunity to help out

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Hey everyone :)

In the coming days/weeks you early-2.0-adopters are going to be the life-support of what is the most passionate community I have the privilege of contributing to. Us bbPress’ers are a tight-knit group. :)

There will be confusion about versions, questions about migration, converting 1.x based plugins and themes, and the list goes on and on. I can’t do it alone, and if I did you’d wish I hadn’t. :)

We are going to need some good documentation. Drop a note here if you can help, and draft up some instructions regarding things you’ve already hacked away on. I’ll make a real documentation section and let you all have at it. :)

Also mention what you think your time commitment can be. Be realistic, and don’t overextend yourself. This is totally casual but if you sign up for something, I’m going to expect that it get done. :)

Let’s put a volunteer team together to launch this thing :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• pimarts
    Participant

@pimarts

I really don’t have the time at the moment, otherwise I might have given it a go. I’ll try to keep responding to the questions that hit these forums though.

Did see a lot of updates in trac the other day, nice one. Is it useful if I test the latest version in trac on the beta version of my site, or should I just wait for the final version to drop?

What’s the timetable on this documentation thing by the way? Others might want to know too. When do you want to start it and when do you need it ready?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Always more useful to test the trac version than the releases. The trac version is the most up-to-date code available.

No timeline, but the sooner the better. :)

Doug Smith
    Participant

@douglsmith

I’ve been keeping notes as I’ve worked on importing a somewhat large bbPress 1.x install. I’d be glad to share what I have and help rework it a bit.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

@Doug – Awesome! Happy to have any help we can get :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar