Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress on localhost

• I’ve tried installing it on xampp and wamp and I get the same warnings. When I go ahead and install with the warnings I can’t log in. I don’t get why it is reading ODBC@localhost instead of the DB name I provided which is bbp1. I’m 99.9% sure I set up config correctly, but just in case I didn’t here it is:

// ** MySQL settings ** //

define(‘BBDB_NAME’, ‘bbp1’); // The name of the database

define(‘BBDB_USER’, ‘root’); // Your MySQL username

define(‘BBDB_PASSWORD’, ”); // …and password

define(‘BBDB_HOST’, ‘localhost’); // 99% chance you won’t need to change these last few

define(‘BBDB_CHARSET’, ‘utf8’); // If you are *upgrading*, and your old config.php does

define(‘BBDB_COLLATE’, ”); // not have these two contstants in them, DO NOT define them

// If you are installing for the first time, leave them here

// Change the prefix if you want to have multiple forums in a single database.

$bb_table_prefix = ‘bb_’; // Only letters, numbers and underscores please!

// The full URL of your bbPress install

$bb->uri = ‘http://localhost/bbpress’;

// What are you going to call me?

$bb->name = ‘bbpress’;

// This must be set before you run the install script.

$bb->admin_email = ‘blah@blah.com;

The Warnings

Warning: mysql_get_server_info() [function.mysql-get-server-info]: Access denied for user ‘ODBC’@’localhost’ (using password: NO) in C:wampwwwbbpressbb-includesdb-mysqli.php on line 80

Warning: mysql_get_server_info() [function.mysql-get-server-info]: A link to the server could not be established in C:wampwwwbbpressbb-includesdb-mysqli.php on line 80

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at C:wampwwwbbpressbb-includesdb-mysqli.php:80) in C:wampwwwbbpressbb-admininstall.php on line 10

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at C:wampwwwbbpressbb-includesdb-mysqli.php:80) in C:wampwwwbbpressbb-includesfunctions.php on line 1898

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar