Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress not intregrating with BuddyPress activity streams

• iftomkins
    Participant

@iftomkins

Hi. I’m trying to show a logged in a user their topics/replies, which would be accomplished by showing their BuddyPress activity stream (since I’m using both). I see that this is supposed to be a feature, but my buddypress activity streams don’t show any bbpress activity. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• iftomkins
    Participant

@iftomkins

In the Settings > Forums integration of BuddyPress, it seems like the Forums are not set up. When I first set up the forums and buddypress, the only way i could get it working was to install bbpress separately. Whenever I tried to “install sitewide forums” through that page, it wasn’t successful. Now when I try to install sitewide forums, it wants me to install bbpress all over again. Is there any way to manually make BuddyPress aware of the bbpress install? Thanks so much!

Andre
    Participant

@andrejcarter

I tried to find the thread that worked for me, but can’t find it and don’t remember what I did. I know I did not install bbPress via BuddyPress so I don’t suggest you do that.

If you can wait this should fix itself with BuddyPress 1.6 and bbPress 2.1.

iftomkins
    Participant

@iftomkins

Thanks Andre. Why do you think it will fix itself? And have you heard of a release date for those versions? Thanks!

Andre
    Participant

@andrejcarter

BuddyPress 1.6 will use bbPress 2.x as the forum component instead of the version of bbPress it currently uses. I believe that will lead to the activity stream being fixed.

We never get release dates, but BuddyPress initially said version 1.6 would be out close to when WP 3.3 was released. That was later retracted, but I’d guess it will be out by the end of January.

iftomkins
    Participant

@iftomkins

Good answer! Thanks, Andre. I’ll wait patiently. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar