Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress not formatting properly

• Allegrif
    Participant

@allegrif

Hey, I’m a total newbie. No real experience of CSS or PHP, stuck for what to do. I’m using the Mantra theme, and it’s absolutely fantastic, but the forums don’t display quite right. The ‘subscribe’ button for subscribing to specific forums is right next to the forum title, without any spacing (“Home > Forums > GeneralSubscribe”)
    Also, the ‘freshness’ title is displayed just below and to the right of the topic title, with time of post below both ‘voices’ and ‘posts’. Would provide link but constantly changing site to try and fix.

If I change theme it works, so it must be a theme issue, but I could really do with sticking with Mantra. For the level of customisation it’s very easy for me to use.

Thank you 🙂

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

@netweb

To fix the ‘subscribe’ link add this to your themes functions.php file or your bbpress-functions.php file in your theme directory.

To change from Home › Forums › My ForumSubscribe
    To change to Home › Forums › My Forum (Subscribe)

function ntwb_forum_subscription_link( $args ) {
        $args['before'] = ' (';
        $args['after']  = ')';

return $args;
    }

add_filter( 'bbp_before_get_forum_subscribe_link_parse_args', 'ntwb_forum_subscription_link' );

If you don’t want to add it manually add it to your functions.php file grab the entire file here and add it as a standalone plugin to your WordPress install.

https://gist.github.com/ntwb/7686980

I’m not sure/clear what you mean for your ‘freshness’ issue, can you post a screenshot or link to your site please 🙂

Allegrif
    Participant

@allegrif

Okay, thank you. Will give that a go.
    http://www.familymigration.co.uk/forums/

Allegrif
    Participant

@allegrif

Also, I found functions.php, but it has this:
    <?php
    /*
    * Functions file
    * Includes all necesary files
    * PLEASE DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE IN ANY WAY
    * @package mantra
    */

What should I do? 🙂

Allegrif
    Participant

@allegrif

Found a new theme that fits my needs, going to try that shortly.

theDigiScrapper
    Participant

@thedigiscrapper

Hi Allegrif,

I currently have the same issues with bbPress and Mantra theme as you explained above. Have also tried all avenues to fix it – but to no avail. You mentioned that you found a new theme – please let me know what theme and if it has the same customizing capabilities that mantra has.

Thanks a mill

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar