Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress Mixing with Blog Post Style

• Keith Kelly
    Participant

@fanoop

It seems that the bbPress 2.0 plugin is using my blog posts setup for forum topics and forums list. This is an issue to me because I do not want to have post author information or the comments section to display in the forum topics.

Here is an example: http://www.fanoop.com/forums/topic/one-more-test/

I am using Pagelines Platform Pro theme. I have also posted this topic on their forums (http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/14742/bbpress-2.0), but it seems that it is an issue between the plugin and WordPress…

Is there a way to separate the forums from the blog post style? I obviously don’t want to turn off commenting site wide, but this is an issue.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Despite the inflammatory remarks from their team in the topic you linked me to, I tweeted the Pagelines guys about getting access to their forums or getting things figured out together.

Considering you are paying them for support, I think the ball is in their court. If there’s a problem with their theme and bbPress they need to put a guy on it and send me a theme to test, similar to how StudioPress and Genesis handled it for the 2.0 release.

If bbPress is doing something that’s causing headaches, I’m happy to fix it – the difference being that bbPress’s code is immediately accessible to them, and their themes are not to me.

Anointed
    Participant

@anointed

I also sent them a contact form requesting access in order to help and troubleshoot.

Keith Kelly
    Participant

@fanoop

Thank you. I really appreciate you guys being on top of this! Please keep me updated on any fixes.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Best way to stay updated is to subscribe to this topic. :)

Keith Kelly
    Participant

@fanoop

The more I have been researching, it is pointing more to an issue with my theme. I have installed other plugins, such as Facebook comments and a post author box plugin. They are not being applied to the forum posts. That leads me to believe the theme is being applied incorrectly.

I will have to try and get an answer from the theme developer.

I am also having the same issue. Hoping to fix this soon.

Keith Kelly
    Participant

@fanoop

@ejegirl23 jjj is working with Pagelines to try and get a solution. They should be posting updates on this thread and here: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/14742/bbpress-2.0

Keith Kelly
    Participant

@fanoop

I am not sure if anything was figured out on this, but I gave up on the Pagelines theme and created my own child theme based on the BuddyPress default theme.

Now I have that extra control I needed to create a more fluid and mobile friendly design.

Thanks for the help. I am going to mark this as resolved.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Good to hear. Looks like Pagelines is dropping support for bbPress in future versions. A shame really. I have a good relationship with a few of their guys so I’m sure we’ll get things figured out eventually.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar