Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress lists not displaying correctly?

• lizbeck
    Participant

@lizbeck

Hi all,

I just installed bbpress using the shortcode to display the forums on my frontpage, but I don’t think the lists are displaying as intended. In the part2 instructions it says the default look is:

But, by default my forum is displaying as a list: http://pubs.hamlin.org/tech/

I’d be happy to use the default view if I could make it work. Does anyone have an idea of what’s going on here? I’m using the twentyeleven theme.

Thank you in advance for your help!
    – Liz

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

see if its one of your other plugins causing the problem.

deactivate each plugin one at a time til you find which one is causing your problem

In the example in the picture above both the “Main Forum” and “For Sale, Wanted or to Hire” are “parent forums” and all the other forums are ‘child forums’.

You can set each forum in the forum edit section to have a ‘parent forum’, try updating your forums and let us know how it goes.

lizbeck
    Participant

@lizbeck

Thanks guys!

Robkk –

My wordpress setup is special situation. The Leaning Management System for the school I work for has it’s own version that it maintains with about 50 approved plugins (including bbpress)…I don’t have access to the FTP files unfortunately.

I was able to get most of the CSS working by copying and pasting the bbpress CSS into the custom CSS area in the WP dashboard. I shouldn’t have to do this, so I’m contacting the Learning Management System to report this possible bug.

Stephen –

You checked out the site after I had most of the CSS working. What Robkk saw was no styling at all…everything was listed with bullets like a regular < li > would be styled.

That said, your idea to create a child forum worked!

Thank you both for your help!
    – Liz

Cool, glad your sorted 🙂

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar