Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

BBPress is falling apart for me now

• I just had a trojan on my server, and had to replace some files in the BBPress installation. But the database was untouched.

Now suddenly, the forum has lost nearly a thousand posts, and two users have been deleted.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Try contacting your host to see if they can restore a backup, and change your various admin passwords, database passwords and FTP passwords.

Michael
    Participant

@michael888

If you’re running a shared host, you should be able to perform a backup yourself through your cPanel. :)

What files did you replace/change?

Turns out the host backed up a week old image. Without asking me.

Lost three users, that I have no idea on how to get back. I dont remember their emails, their nicks or anything.

I suppose this actually had nothing to do with BBpress at all, but my host instead.

I got them to restore a newer backup now so everything is okay again.

Though this all got me thinking what BBpress could offer to protect against this sort of thing. I know you can back up SQL bases in Cpanel, but maybe you could make a backup file of the users in the adminpanel of BBpress?

Lets say there was a risk of loosing something, you could back up your users, and if you lost some, you could restore their accounts with ease.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar