Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress Integration Plugin Examples

• Hey,

I was wonder if anyone out there has cookie sharing between WP and bbPress working, has WordPress 2.7 (NOT 2.7.1) installed, is using bbPress 1.0-Alpha-6 and using the bbPress Integration 1.0-alpha-4.1 PLUGIN.

Would it be possible for you to go in to the WP Admin section and under settings click on bbPress Integration. For the “Manual Cookie Settings” can you post what yours states?

I’m trying to anrrow down a cookie sharing problem I’m having and this may be it.

Mine says,

define(‘COOKIEPATH’, ‘/’);

but that’s under WP Admin. Under the bbPress Integration settings in the bbPress Admin section, it has this,

define(‘COOKIEDOMAIN’ , ‘ ‘;

define(‘COOKIEPATH’, ‘/forums/’);

Shouldn’t they match or since, according to the pulgin site, my WP is 2.7.1 the plugin doesn’t work correctly since it only goes up to 2.7?

Thanks for any help I can get.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • As it turns out even if the blog URL for WP is the same as the site URL (WP doesn’t even list the blog URL in the database even though it shows up under WP Admin Options) you need to include it in the bbPress Integration settings. Doing set reset my cookie path from /forums/ to:

define(‘COOKIE_DOMAIN’, ”);

define(‘COOKIEPATH’, ‘/’);

As it turns out, coding logic told me, that the plugin didn’t include the cookie domain sicne it was null.

So in fact, they are exactly the same.

That and I fixed it for full integration. :-D But that’s another thread!

aborisov

@aborisov

Hello!

I have one question about the integration. I have already installed WP 2.7.1 and freshly installed bbpress 0.9.4

I have a little misunderstanding

Your step-by-step instructions says I need to change in bb-config.php the BB_SECRET_KEY and make it same as SECRET_KEY in my wp-config.php.

My problem is the WP 2.7.1 don’t have the SECRET_KEY It has SECURE_AUTH_KEY, AUTH_KEY, LOGGED_IN_KEY and NONCE_KEY

Which KEY I need to put in bb-config.php on a BB_SECRET_KEY?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

The reason the language does not match up is because .0.9.04 is not cookie compatible with WordPress 2.7.1. That’s why the keys are named differently.

To integrate those two versions, there are a couple solutions:

https://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/freshly-baked-cookies/

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/bayanimecom-wp26-and-bbpress-09-complete-cookie-integration

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/wordpress-and-bbpress-integration-101#post-17409 (the bold parts)

WordPress: 2.86

BBpress: 1.0

I have installed bbpress integration and done all things following the instructions. However, I still need to login again when i switch from wordpress to bbpress or vice versa.

what is the problem?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar