Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbpress integrated with WordPress integrated with Active Directory

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• ethanthekiwi
    Participant

@ethanthekiwi

I tried to use the LDAP Authentication plugin for bbPress to let people login, but it gives me this error:

Warning: ldap_bind() [function.ldap-bind]: Unable to bind to server: Invalid credentials in /var/www/wordpress/bbpress/bb-plugins/ldap-authentication.php on line 330

I modified login-form.php in my theme. I changed the form action to my main site’s wp-login.php.

I then changed the name and id attributes of the username and password input boxes to match those that are expected in wp-login.php.

In WordPress, I used Peter’s Redirection plugin to redirect forum users back to the forum when they login.

<form name="loginform" id="loginform" class="login" method="post" action="http://<yoursite>/wp-login.php">
    <div>
    <label for="quick_user_login"><?php _e('Username'); ?></label>
    <input class="input-text" name="log" type="text" id="user_login" size="13" maxlength="40" value="<?php if (!is_bool($user_login)) echo $user_login; ?>" tabindex="1" />

<label for="quick_password"><?php _e( 'Password' ); ?></label>
    <input class="input-text" name="pwd" type="password" id="user_pass" size="13" maxlength="40" tabindex="2" />

<input name="re" type="hidden" value="<?php echo $re; ?>" />
    <?php wp_referer_field(); ?>

<input type="submit" name="Submit" class="submit" value="<?php echo esc_attr__( 'Log in &raquo;' ); ?>" tabindex="4" />
    </div>
    <div class="remember">
    <input name="remember" type="checkbox" id="quick_remember" value="1" checked="checked" tabindex="3"<?php echo $remember_checked; ?> />
    <label for="quick_remember"><?php _e('Remember me'); ?></label>
    </div>
    </form>

ethanthekiwi
    Participant

@ethanthekiwi

Thanks jpbruckler, that works beautifully. The user doesn’t see a thing.

(The only problem I could for see is if a user was logging in through the wordpress side of things they would be redirected to bbpress, but this won’t be a problem for me.)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar