Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbpress installation errors

• Sreekanth Reddy
    Participant

@pulisreekanth

I tried to install bbpress for several times . Its installing correctly but no links were displayed to create a new forum or settings.

One time it shown an error ” you have no sufficient permissions”

Please let me know where i did wrong.

Latest WordPress
    Latest bbPress

Thank you

Sreekanth

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• dichter4fun
    Participant

@dichter4fun

Same here. Fresh install of WP 3.8.1 an bbpress 2.5.3. Cannot create a new forum always getting the error invalid post type. I’ve checked the user roles and created a second user with administrative rights but nothing helped.

Any ideas what went wrong?

Thank you, Stefan!

aweebr-bbpress
    Participant

@aweebr-bbpress

Same here.

Any Ideas?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

The most likely culprit is another plugin causing a conflict. If you’re an admin already, activating bbPress, it forces your forum role to Keymaster so you’re able to administrate the forums completely.

aweebr-bbpress
    Participant

@aweebr-bbpress

Hey John, yes you were right.

I have the WPML Multilingual CMS plugin, and it was causing the issue.

Thanks for helping.

Regards,
    Sergio

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

There are a few plugins that jumpstart WordPress’s roles and capabilities, which can cause permissions issues with bbPress (and any other plugin that relies on roles and capabilities.) These plugins are __doing_it_wrong() in the conventional sense, and there’s not much bbPress can do about that other than throw debug notices when WP_DEBUG is turned on.

Sreekanth Reddy
    Participant

@pulisreekanth

Hi

I changed my role to keymaster also , but no use . and i deactivated all plugins even though no use.

There must be something other

dichter4fun
    Participant

@dichter4fun

Hi,

i have only one additional plugin “qTranslate” activated. But also without this plugin i get the two error mentioned above – “invalid post type” and “you have no sufficient permissions”.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar