Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbpress index page links do not show forum pages.

• maoutdoors
    Participant

@maoutdoors

Installing bp 1.7 and bbpress at maoutdoors.com, I’ve encountered a problem that I cannot resolve: Forums index and two subforums have been created with one sample topic. The menu links display all of the noted fine; however, the links from the index page do not provide the appropriate connection. I just can’t figure out how one route can be OK and the other not.

Thanks for your help.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• maoutdoors
    Participant

@maoutdoors

I have noted one additional thing about the inconsistently described above. When I click the edit link from the page topic in the sidebar, the breadcrumbs display: maoutdoors.com/forums/classified. When I click the edit link from the forums topic in the sidebar, the breadcrumbs display: maoutdoors.com/forums/fourm/classified. Obviously there is an inconsistent link, but I don’t know how to resolve it.

Thanks for your help.

maoutdoors
    Participant

@maoutdoors

I am pursuing the noted issue as if it is a conflict between titles, slugs, etc; but I am just not able to find the solution.

maoutdoors
    Participant

@maoutdoors

I have now deleted the pages that were to be integrated with the forum pages and attempted to start over. Now when I create a page to match the forum it places a -2 on the end of the name:
    Example: mysite/classifieds and mysite/classified-2.
    I do not have pages in the trash and I do not have any revisions either. I can not change the -2 slug to correct the inconsistency; it just replaces the -2.

Is anyone home here?

somuee
    Participant

@somuee

been having this exact problem. definitely not a theme issue and i’m able to successfully set up bbpress on another server. one difference between the 2 servers was that on the one that doesn’t work, i already had a page called ‘forums’ before install. tried uninstalling the forums, deleting the page and deleting the bbpress tables in wp_posts, but i still don’t get anything displaying on the ‘forums’ page (they DO display on the sidebar if i install the widget)
    thanks for any help

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar