Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress Forums-like theme

• Razva
    Participant

@razva

Hi,

I am looking for the theme used here, on this support forum, or something similar. Is there any place where I can find it, or at least more decent themes?

Thanks!

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

• bryzo

@bryzo

Unfortunately there are not many community-contributed themes available. I am working on a Vbulletin-style theme which will be released next week.

Essentially you will need to take a theme you like and do major modifications to make it yours.

bryzo

@bryzo

Unfortunately there are not many community-contributed themes available. I am working on a Vbulletin-style theme which will be released next week.

Essentially you will need to take a theme you like and do major modifications to make it yours.

Razva
    Participant

@razva

Great.

I have a strange feeling that this script will…die? I’m new here but things look very sad, or at least this is my newbie feeling.

I arrived at bbPress when looking for a WP forum solution, but…I don’t know…

Is this stable…? Will this be supported for the next years?

Thanks!

Razva
    Participant

@razva

Great.

I have a strange feeling that this script will…die? I’m new here but things look very sad, or at least this is my newbie feeling.

I arrived at bbPress when looking for a WP forum solution, but…I don’t know…

Is this stable…? Will this be supported for the next years?

Thanks!

bryzo

@bryzo

The benefit of bbPress is that it is very easy to customized and integrates with WordPress without any problems (Took me about 30 seconds to integrate.) The problem is that there are several very good features missing. And not many decent themes either.

bbPress is stable and will be supported for a long time, but right now the developers are focused on turning bbPress into a plugin for WordPress instead of being a standalone application.

bryzo

@bryzo

The benefit of bbPress is that it is very easy to customized and integrates with WordPress without any problems (Took me about 30 seconds to integrate.) The problem is that there are several very good features missing. And not many decent themes either.

bbPress is stable and will be supported for a long time, but right now the developers are focused on turning bbPress into a plugin for WordPress instead of being a standalone application.

Razva
    Participant

@razva

Well I’ve switched to Vanilla. I can’t spend so much time configuring/tweeking a simple thing. I just needed a…forum…

Razva
    Participant

@razva

Well I’ve switched to Vanilla. I can’t spend so much time configuring/tweeking a simple thing. I just needed a…forum…

Hi there, here are some available themes here http://bbshowcase.org/forums/view/available-themes

I hope that it helps.

http://www.stonesglow.com

Hi there, here are some available themes here http://bbshowcase.org/forums/view/available-themes

I hope that it helps.

http://www.stonesglow.com

Anointed
    Participant

@anointed

There are going to be a lot of us releasing custom themes for bbPress in the future. As said before, bbPress is very easy to work with when it comes to custom templates.

Keep in mind, bbPress is still beta, and there are not a lot of us using it yet. As it becomes stable, and gets more press, I believe you will see huge activity for themes and plugins.

The system is so easy that with just a few hours work, bbPress can be integrated into just about any theme. It really is that great and easy to work with.

Anointed
    Participant

@anointed

There are going to be a lot of us releasing custom themes for bbPress in the future. As said before, bbPress is very easy to work with when it comes to custom templates.

Keep in mind, bbPress is still beta, and there are not a lot of us using it yet. As it becomes stable, and gets more press, I believe you will see huge activity for themes and plugins.

The system is so easy that with just a few hours work, bbPress can be integrated into just about any theme. It really is that great and easy to work with.

darthjones2

@darthjones2

I’ve grown to really like the theme used in these forums. Is it one of the defaults that comes with v2.0?

darthjones2

@darthjones2

I’ve grown to really like the theme used in these forums. Is it one of the defaults that comes with v2.0?

Erlend
    Participant

@sadr

Nope, afraid not. This theme was custom made for the bbpress.org website, and furthermore it’s made for bbPress 1.0, not the bbPress 2.0 plugin, which I believe handles theming somewhat differently.

Maybe whoever made the theme will be willing to look into it seeing as the new bbPress is going stable any day now.

Erlend
    Participant

@sadr

Nope, afraid not. This theme was custom made for the bbpress.org website, and furthermore it’s made for bbPress 1.0, not the bbPress 2.0 plugin, which I believe handles theming somewhat differently.

Maybe whoever made the theme will be willing to look into it seeing as the new bbPress is going stable any day now.

Razva
    Participant

@razva

Great. Now if only we would have bbPress 2… :)

Razva
    Participant

@razva

Great. Now if only we would have bbPress 2… :)

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar