Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbpress Forum avatars taking thumbnail size from buddypress and enlarging

• Hey, I’m currently experiencing horrible avatar quality in topic view on BBPress. I’m running both the BuddyPress 1.5 and BBPress 2.0 plugins. From what I’ve seen in the files, in addition to simply right clicking on a topic-view avatar and hitting view image (Firefox), the forum is taking the standard thumbnail size avatar (which is 15×15) and enlarging it to about 79×79, resulting in a blurry mess. Is there any way to fix this, or get a better quality in-topic avatar size?

Site in question:

http://thenorthdivide.hostzi.com/

Example topic:

http://thenorthdivide.hostzi.com/forums/topic/ot-alpha-forums

Thank you in advance for any help or insight!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • I just noticed a mistake, avatar thumbnail size is 50×50, not 15×15. Sorry for the double post.

jmatthewgore
    Participant

@jmatthewgore

I’ve noticed the same thing. Did you ever figure out a solution for this?

– Matthew

I have the same issue, the op’s site seems to have disappeared so hopefully someone else has found a solution.

defunct
    Participant

@defunctlife

Add this to functions.php: it will filter the bbpress function that shows the avatar to switch it to using full.

function fix_forum_avatar($author_avatar = false, $reply_id = false, $size = false) {
    echo str_replace('-bpthumb', '-bpfull', $author_avatar );
    }
    add_filter('bbp_get_reply_author_avatar', 'fix_forum_avatar');

RiGoRmOrTiS_UK
    Participant

@rigormortis_uk

Hey @defunctlife

I tried your function and it did fix the avatars; however is also caused the small 14px avatar within the “bbp-topic-description” at the top of the page to detach and appear above the information-notice.

Any ideas why this might be?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar