Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress causes Buddypress/rtmedia Media tab to go to bbPress user profile page..

• pimark
    Participant

@pimark

Hi there,

I have the latest versions of WP, Buddypress, bbPress and rtMedia installed on a test site.
    My theme is SocialBuddy.

When I have all 3 plug-ins activated and go to the Buddypress member profile eg. members/admin and press the Media tab which should bring me to the Media area it instead brings me to the bbPress user’s (Admin in this instance) profile page but keeps the pretty url as members/admin and not forums/users/admin/.

When I deactivate the bbPress plugin the Media tab works correctly…with no issue at all.

I’ve been in touch with both the rtMedia and SocialBuddy developers and they are unable to help.

Site is wp.photographyireland.net

Any advice?

Thanks
    Mark

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

I presume you’ve posted this to the buddypress site as well?

pimark
    Participant

@pimark

Hi Robin,

Yes I’ve put this post up there also. Waiting for a response from them too.

Thanks
    Mark

pimark
    Participant

@pimark

Hi Robin,

Any ideas?. I saw another post on the rtmedia forum’s regarding the same issue whereby they mention some other Buddypress add-on tabs were also effected in a similar way.

Thanks
    Mark

Robin W

@robin-w

Mark,

sorry I’m not a buddypress guy – was hoping that buddypress would get you to an answer!

pimark
    Participant

@pimark

Hey Robin,

Is there anyone else on the bbPress side who might be able to offer some advice
    as i’m getting nothing from buddypress, ie no response 🙂 ?

Many thanks.

Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

@netweb

I just had a quick read of the topic on rtMedia
    https://rtcamp.com/support/topic/media-tab-takes-me-to-bbpress-forum-profile-page/

Maybe try contacting the theme author and pointing them to that discussion, there are some good tips there in that it should be fairly easily for the themes author to troubleshoot the issue and help get a fix sorted out.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar