Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbpress blog roles only, remove bbpress get both blog and bbpress roles

• sparkii
    Participant

@sparkii

Trying to add new users to my bbpress, but only blog roles are available. As soon as I deactivate bbpress, then bbpress roles become available.

Only one other plugin was activated at the time of install. I’ve since done a fresh install of wordpress, deactivating all plugins and then activated bbpress.

Same results – I start with blog users (when only wordpress is installed). I activate bbpress then check user roles again (via “new user”) and still have only blog roles. Then I deactivate bbpress and suddenly the bbpress roles are available.

I don’t understand what is happening with user roles. Any suggestions are most appreciated.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

Not sure I understand what your problem is, but let’s try this in case !

When you create a new user, then only the blog role shows. If you save and then go back in and edit that user, you’ll see the wordpress roles at the bottom of the page which you can then set.

sparkii
    Participant

@sparkii

Hi Robin – thanks for replying.

Initially, I couldn’t find what you were referencing…then I found it at the bottom of the user page.

So every user has to initially be given a blog role when added? do you know of any plugins or code which which would reveal the forum roles when I initially add users?

I still don’t understand why the forum roles appear in the role drop down after I deactivate bbpress…doesn’t seem logical or make sense to me…but at least I can now add people with forum roles. Thanks for your help

Robin W

@robin-w

doesn’t seem logical or make sense to me

Nor to me !!

Perhaps one for JJJ or Stpehen edgar to answer

It’s no doubt linked to the fact that bbpress is a plugin. I also run MarketPress on my site (an on-line shop) and the user details for that also don’t appear until I edit – so it’s not just bbpress that doesn’t do it, which would tend to indicate a wordpress constriction, rather than bbpress failing.

I still don’t understand why the forum roles appear in the role drop down after I deactivate bbpress…doesn’t seem logical or make sense to me…but at least I can now add people with forum roles. Thanks for your help

You don’t need to deactivate bbpress, just create a user, then after creation go straight back in and edit – once you’ve clicked save on the create, you’ll see a bar at the top of the next screen that will say something like “xx user created – edit”, and you can just click that, so whilst an annoyance, quite easy

Or did you mean something else?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar