Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress 2.5.4

• bbPress 2.5.4 is out. It fixes 5 bugs, the last of which is a security concern for all previous bbPress 2.x installations.

The following bugs have been fixed in 2.5.4:

#2586 – Fix ‘Replies in each forum’ repair tool, to prevent breaking the reply position.
    #2496 – Support slashes in slug settings, and improve sanitization of these fields.
    #2518 – Improve handling of SSL assets when relying on theme compatibility.
    #2588 – Fix bug when editing a reply that would pollute hierarchical replies in that topic.
    #2610 – Properly handle escaping of displayed user fields and data when editing a user.

Check the milestone for a list of fixes: http://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/milestone/2.5.4

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Hansaplastique
    Participant

@hansaplastique

After update from 2.5.3 to 2.5.4 my website is completely down with the following message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function bbp_get_topic_post_type() in /home/user/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bbpress-notify-nospam/bbpress-notify-nospam.php on line 107

Any suggestions?

I just installed the current version 1.5.3 and have no issues

https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbpress-notify-nospam/

This Fatal error: Call to undefined function bbp_get_topic_post_type(), are you sure bbPress is activated?

pwdesign
    Participant

@pwdesign

I’m a hosting reseller and a client updated bbpress and the same thing happened. The error log reads PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function bbp_get_topic_post_type() in /home5/nwjhogco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bbpress-notify-nospam/bbpress-notify-nospam.php on line 107
    Site and admin are completely gone. No access. What can I do before resorting to restoring from an older backup?

@pwdesign, see this post, basically for some reason bbPress is being disabled after updating under certain conditions (not exactly sure what these are yet).

pwdesign
    Participant

@pwdesign

Just uploaded https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbpress-notify-nospam/ 1.5.3. No change. Site still down…please help.

pwdesign
    Participant

@pwdesign

Thank you Stephen. I ended up just pulling down all the bbpress plugins…uploading the new patches and activating them one at a time. The site came back. I can breathe now…thanks.

Faragogep
    Participant

@faragogep

Dear Stephan!
    I update to 2.5.4
    And the page (topic) where video is, ever since, permanently refresh (load the page).

Therefore can not view… Have a help?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

When a plugin is updated via WordPress’s Admin Interface

• It is deactivated
    • New files are pulled down
    • It is reactivated

Problem is, the bbPress Notify Spam plugin isn’t coded in such a way to fail gracefully when bbPress is not active. Thus when WordPress tries to reactivate bbPress, a fatal error occurs. Not because of bbPress, but because bbPress is temporarily not there, and bbPress Notify Spam tries to call bbPress functions.

The fix is for that plugin author to use bbPress’s sub-actions and filters to include its files and execute code, and not call bbPress core functions without confirming bbPress is active previously in its call stack.

Sorry y’all for the inconvenience, but there’s little we can do in bbPress core to prevent this type of thing.

troydbertrand
    Participant

@troydbertrand

Was waiting patiently on the fix for that reply “super bug”. Thanks for addressing this.

TDB

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Development & Updates’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Skip to toolbar