Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbpress 2.4 Change "Oh Bother" message ??

• aihoi
    Participant

@aihoi

Hello hello,

This is my first post so sorry if i post it in the wrong place :$

I wanted to hide my forum by default,I achieved this. Having achieved this, my question: Where in earth do I change the friendly “Oh bother! No forums were found here!” message???? Can’t find it anywhere! I am using bbpress 2.4

Thanks in advance

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • It is in the feedback-no-forums.php template \templates\default\bbpress

If you want to modify this template for your theme here check out the docs on theme compat.

https://codex.bbpress.org/theme-compatibility/

aihoi
    Participant

@aihoi

Sorry… Im new so i dont know where i can find feedback-no-forums.php 🙁

Sorry for troubling you

The file is located in /wp-content/plugins/bbpress/templates/default

If you edit this file manually when you update bbPress your changes will be lost.

The link above in my post shows the steps needed to copy this template to your own theme so you can use your own custom templates without bbPress overriding it during updates.

aihoi
    Participant

@aihoi

Thanks for your help!

alexandralouisem
    Participant

@alexandralouisem

Hi Stephen

I have done the exact same thing as you suggested above.

However it doesn’t seem to be overriding the settings?
    It still appears as “Oh Bother!” I actually tried removing this line all together but it didn’t work.

Wordpress settings

Do you have any suggestions?

alexandralouisem
    Participant

@alexandralouisem

Hi Stephen

I have actually gone to the plugin itself and changed the wording in the original template – and even this isn’t affecting my text on the site?

Forum on ALMConsultants.com.au

There are 6 feedback templates: Did you change all of them? Or more correctly the correct one?

• feedback-logged-in.php
    • feedback-no-access.php
    • feedback-no-forums.php
    • feedback-no-replies.php
    • feedback-no-search.php
    • feedback-no-topics.php

alexandralouisem
    Participant

@alexandralouisem

Hi Stephen – I followed your instructions and changed it in the feedback-no-forums.php however this has had no effect… Do I need to change it in every single one.

Regards

Alexandra Louise

It depends on what you are trying to do do, each form has different text for different situations.

Eg.

• feedback-no-forums.php – “Oh bother! No forums were found here!”
    • feedback-no-replies.php – “Oh bother! No replies were found here!”
    • feedback-no-search.php – “Oh bother! No search results were found here!”
    • feedback-no-topics.php – “Oh bother! No topics were found here!”

davidschwartzer
    Participant

@davidschwartzer

Stephen:

I have gone through this topic thread and I still can’t change the text in the Oh Bother box.

My site is appletechtalk.com. If you click on the Forums taband look at the bottom of the page, you will see the Oh Bother! text.

I have modified the feedback-no-forums.php file so that the text line reads “Please select a topic”. I thought that would be easier than trying to remove the box completely (which is what I would rather do).

I placed the file into my child theme. First I put it in the root of the bbpress directory and that did not help. I also recreated the directory structure in my child theme:

bbpress/templates/default

and that didn’t help either.

I am new to WordPress and bbPress as well as css and php files so I have a bit of a learning curve but I’m wondering if you have any thoughts on why this isn’t working.

Thanks,

David

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar