Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress 2.3 compat with bbPress Moderation Plugin

• Jkum
    Participant

@jkum

I updated from bbpress 2.2.4 to 2.3 an hour ago – only sticky posts have been moved and all other posts are not showing up – What should I do? How to restore my forum? Plz reply ASAP as my forum is almost dead!

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

• Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

@netweb

Can you give us a link to your forum so we can have a closer look please.

Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

@netweb

Do you use the bbPress Moderation plugin ?

Edit: I am quite sure you are using this plugin now, please disable it for now and everything should be fine. I asked the author about bbPress 2.3 compat ~2 months ago but we have not heard back from the plugin author.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Posts aren’t “moved” between installations or versions. In fact, from any 2.2 to 2.3, there are no changes to the database at all.

fuseful
    Participant

@fuseful

this was the cause of my problem – if u do hear back from the developer or perhaps include this as standard would be great if u could update this thread

Jkum
    Participant

@jkum

Yeah, deactivating bbPress Moderation plugin solved the entire problem – Thanks a lot!

Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

@netweb

Excellent, glad we have some progress, now to hope that bbPress Moderation plugin will get an update soon.

p.s. I also changed this topic title to include bbPress Moderation Plugin.

Manny Fleurmond
    Participant

@funkatronic

Thank you for the thread as I was running into the same issues. This really needs to be stickied cause I think a lot of people who use that plugin will run into this

ianhaycox
    Participant

@ianhaycox

Hi All,

I am the bbPressModeration plugin author. I’ve only just found out about this today, so my apologies for the problems you are having.

Unfortunately neither this forum or the WordPress forum notified me of the new posts.

I’ll try and see what the problem is today – but if anyone suffering the problem can provide any extra info it would help – e.g. error messages, log messages in Apache etc.

Ian.

Schwarztaucher
    Participant

@schwarztaucher

Glad to hear that!

Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

@netweb

@ianhaycox Excellent news, glad you are now on the case 🙂

These two comments should help get you going:

https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2207#comment:8
    https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/bbpress-2-3-now-available/page/2/#post-133211

kraigg
    Participant

@kraigg

@ianhaycox

Thanks Ian, we really appreciate the help!

ianhaycox
    Participant

@ianhaycox

Hi,

There is a development version at https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/bbpressmoderation.zip with a fix for the hidden topics/replies.

Unzip the download and replace /wp-content/plugins/bbpressmoderation

I’ve only done limited testing as I’m not a bbPress user anymore – so feedback appreciated on the changes.

Thank to @netweb for the pointer – I’ve followed JJJ advice to use a posts_where filter to add the pending status so moderated topics and replies are included in the query.

It’s a real ugly fix (see the source comments for details), but hopefully it should get you through until moderation makes it into bbPress for real.

Ian.

Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

@netweb

@ianhaycox Many thanks for this Ian 🙂

markworwood
    Participant

@markworwood

Thanks, Ian.

I was just about to revert to bbPress 2.2.4 and then I saw your post.

I have got it running on my website and I will post any serious issues.

ianhaycox
    Participant

@ianhaycox

I’ve released V1.6 of the bbPress Moderation plugin to workaround the changes in bbPress 2.3

https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/bbpressmoderation/

Any problems – let me know.

comeback1993
    Participant

@comeback1993

@ianhaycox Many thanks.

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar