Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress 2.2.3 Released

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Some fixes in bbPress 2.2.3:

• Improve compatibility with some themes.
    • Fix integration with BuddyPress Group Forums.
    • Fix BuddyPress Activity Stream integration.

It’s also fully compatible with WordPress 3.5.

Viewing 24 replies - 26 through 49 (of 49 total)

• Bowe
    Participant

@bowromir

I can confirm that this also happens on our PressCrew forum (http://community.presscrew.com/discussions). The forum is available for logged out users and us (the admins) but mods, participants are getting 404s. From the forum index to single topics/forums.

Bowe
    Participant

@bowromir

Update: We tried reverting to BBPress 2.2 or 2.2-rc2 but we’re not getting anywhere. Forums keep giving 404s for logged in users. Updating permalinks, using the forum repair tools and clearing every single type of cache does not help either.

WP 3.4
    BuddyPress 1.6.2

Bowe,

I can’t seem to register for an account to have a closer look, can you set me up an account and I will have a look around. I just followed you on Twitter so you should be able to follow me back @netweb and send login details via a DM with Twitter.

TranThe
    Participant

@webvaseo

I suspect the source is located in the X-Profile of Buddypress and Role Users
    This could be a power failure occurs.
    With my above can solve the problem, but it is extremely dangerous with large database

Someone highly qualified to study this problem one seriously, it is a great help.

K|nG
    Participant

@hedho

great keep doing this job 🙂

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

@bowromir – Are you able to switch to bbPress trunk, and see if that fixes anything?

flyingcolour
    Participant

@flyingcolour

works perfect for me.

Ommy
    Participant

@bounomid

Hi there

I actually dont have any problems with bbpress but I wish in next versions there is a choise for seperate blockes for different categories.
    Also, is there a way for forums to have theme like group forums?
    Thanks a lot

I’ve posted a temporary patch for 404, give it a try 🙂

Fix 404 issue for bbPress 2.2.x

steilenhang
    Participant

@steilenhang

I just managed to upgrade from 1.0.2 to 2.2.3 and now I have the same 404 error like you guys do. Your patch did not work for me 082net, sorry.

I am still using WP 3.3, but I have “User Role Editor” installed…

steilenhang
    Participant

@steilenhang

So I got a little further. In “User Role Editor -> Custom capabilities” the new forum capabilities shows up. If you enable them in the other WP roles the 404 error is gone and everyone can write like normal.

However, even though I enabled “edit_topics” and “edit_replys”, nobody can edit but admin. Deleting does not work either.

I hope there will be some core changes to make this work. I have several plugins that creates their own roles and capabilities and they all work fine with User Role Editor and each other. bbPress should too.

please use trac for bugs.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

@steilenhang – ironically, the issue you describe is with those role plugins, and WordPress core, not with bbPress directly.

It comes from the use of WP_User::set_role() which ends up nuking bbPress’s roles. That said, bbPress 2.2.3 also has support for mapping to custom WordPress blog roles, so there shouldn’t be anything “broken” there.

If there is, I’d love to see some specific steps to duplicate the circumstances so I can improve what I can in bbPress.

steilenhang
    Participant

@steilenhang

OK, but how do I make it work then? Reset and remove the User Role Editor, and then “Remap existing users to default forum roles”? I want bbPress more than custom roles to put it that way.

steilenhang
    Participant

@steilenhang

Well I did that now. All custom roles are gone, the plugin is deleted, users have been remapped to default forum roles and bbPress still does not work as it should.

Do you have any idea of how to get this working? I have tried everything I can think of. I can’t find any leftovers from the role plugin either.

Umbrovskis.com
    Participant

@rolandinsh

thanks @082net https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/bbpress-2-2-3-released/page/2/#post-124538 that worked.

PS. Fixed issue with WPML plugin.

AlexiousRahl
    Participant

@alexiousrahl

Hello. I understand that this release was meant to introduce bbPress topics/replies showing on BuddyPress activity amongst other things, but that’s not working for us. I have deactivated buddypress forum component and instead I’m using bbPress “let groups have their own forums” option, but the activiy does not show topics or replies.

Is it a bug or what? Does anyone know a fix?

nobodyridesforfree
    Participant

@nobodyridesforfree

localization languages for bbpress plugin?

baldg0at
    Participant

@baldg0at

I see the ticket @Alexandru Vornicescu linked to — https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2121 — was closed and marked as invalid. The response being ‘Run the user role reset tool in: Tools > Forums’

However, I was having the same issue and running the ‘role reset’ tool did not fix the issue for me. So, I’m not sure the issue is invalid.

I could not get this issue fixed until I followed the instructions found on this post – https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/fix-404-issue-for-bbpress-2-2-x/

nobodyridesforfree
    Participant

@nobodyridesforfree

tanx guys! 🙂

craig2kenneth
    Participant

@craig2kenneth

I’m having two issues:

1) When my users are logged in they they get the following message “We’re Sorry But That Page Could Not Be Found”

However when I’m logged in as admin (keymaster) I can see the entire forum & topics. This is also for those who are not logged in.

2) The other issue I am having is I did a fresh install of the latest version on bbPress, but now the option to create new Forums & Topics is gone from the admin side bar located in the admin side of the site. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling more than once.

site: http://mayweatherpromotions.com
    wp version: 3.5
    bbpress version: 2.2.3

Please help!

Viewing 24 replies - 26 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar