Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress 2.2.1

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Now that bbPress 2.2 is out, please be sure to log any bugs you find that are specific to bbPress 2.2 on our bug tracker, setting the version to 2.2.

We’ll be keeping our eyes open for anything that requires quick fixing, while starting to plan out the dev cycle for bbPress 2.3.

Thanks y’all!

Viewing 7 replies - 51 through 57 (of 57 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

@rossagrant – You are correct. The downside to only being a “Member” and not having a role on the site, is bbPress suppresses profile pages for those users. This is mostly because of WordPress Multisite, to prevent guessing user profile slugs and pulling up profiles of users that don’t actually exist on the site, and also to not link off to spam/deleted user accounts.

Lots of moving parts.

Naturally, if you *need* to override any of these weird nuances, there are filters everywhere for developers to make modifications to these behaviors. Ideally, bbPress comes with the solutions that are best for everyone, and the other answers come when specific questions like this are asked.

If this turns out to not be the best configuration, we can always change it, but I suspect it’s the best compromise that’s currently possible.

rossagrant
    Participant

@rossagrant

Would that only really affect sites that were running BBPress standalone with WP?

It wouldn’t affect Buddypress profiles would it?

I’ve checked on my staging site, and the forums tabs with ‘created topics’ ‘replies’ etc still work great for users just assigned a ‘Member’ role with no specific BBPress role.

greenmeanie
    Blocked

@greenmeanie

The upgrade took out my thumbnails ON BLOGS,my Forums, and my TOP MENU?

ALSO MY POSTVIEW COUNT WTH.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

@rossagrant – BuddyPress is a whole different animal. It assumes every user on your site always has a link to their root profile. If you have BuddyPress bolted on top, you’re probably okay.

What BuddyPress does *not* do yet, and likely won’t for some time, is separate multiple bbPress forums across multiple sites on a multisite network, and give them their own spot in a user profile.

I’ll end up building something similar to this for WordPress.org/BuddyPress.org/bbPress.org eventually, but until then, it’s only pseudo-code in my imagination.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

@greenmeanie – Shouting at volunteers isn’t a great way to get a positive response. Also, this is the incorrect topic to post personal support requests in. You’ll have better luck, and be able to subscribe to responses, if you create your own topic with details about your issue.

rossagrant
    Participant

@rossagrant

Cheers JJ!

yeah right now my site is heavily BuddyPress focused on a single site install and will more than likely never use multisite so I think the dynamic user role of ‘Member’ assigned to EVERYONE except admins will work just fine.

It’s nice to be able to control the forum privileges separately, I’d be wondering for a while how we could do that.

This way I can use all of my s2 member roles and then upgrade certain members to forum mods without affecting any of their paid for privileges.

Should help give my forums a boost too!

Thanks for your patience with all of my questions, it’s much appreciated! :O

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

@rossagrant — Anytime. What you just described is exactly what this aims to accomplish. Thanks for being patient and dealing with the initial misstep.

Viewing 7 replies - 51 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar