Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress 2.0 – Updates

Viewing 25 replies - 151 through 175 (of 1,184 total)
  • There is also a plugin of it available now –> https://trac.bbpress.org/browser/branches/plugin

Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

A few dump questions – did you download the zip? is the directory with the plugins directory called bbpress?

Mark McWilliams

@markmcwilliams

zaerl: bbPress isn’t a WordPress plugin. It’s a standalone software.

Not yet anyway like driz states! Development is on-going right now, but the basic functions all work, and things are slowly starting to take shape! :)

@Rich yes to all of those. I download the ZIP and then moved the folder into the plugins directory and changed its name for ‘plugin’ to ‘bbpress’

EDIT: Okay seems the permissions were incorrect and I have successfully activated the plugin. But I don’t see any options to do anything? How do I create forums etc?

Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

You can’t due to a current bug: https://trac.bbpress.org/ticket/1357

As you’ll see I think I have now identified why it’s happening and hopefully JJJ will be able to fix it soon.

Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

That ticket has been fixed, demo updated.

Downloaded SVN and admin panel is now working. Thank you to everyone working on the plugin.

How do I use the theme? I copied over the files directly into my WP theme which works but I’m guessing this is not the way to do it.

Also for the main form index do I create a page called Forum?

Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

The theme shouldn’t need moving, but if running locally you might have a few problems, depending on your setup.

Yes create a page with the template bbPress – Forum index.

Anyone else having problems with non-admins replying?

Edit: Found the problem

bbp-functions.php line 142 is

$reply_content = current_user_can( 'unfiltered_html' ) ? $_POST['bbp_reply_content'] : wp_filter_post_kses( $_POST['bbp_reply_description'] );

should be

$reply_content = current_user_can( 'unfiltered_html' ) ? $_POST['bbp_reply_content'] : wp_filter_post_kses( $_POST['bbp_reply_content'] );

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Fixed. Ty!

Wouldn’t it be better to have the theme inside your main WP theme? Like you with BuddyPress?

so for example: /wp-content/themes/twentyten/bbpress/

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

That will happen eventually. This way just provided a head start.

Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

Couple of things:

sub forums currently don’t list on the main forum page – intentional?

currently the default order position for forums is 0, unless you are going to add in a better method for organising these, could I suggest a default order value slightly higher – or is this better served by a plugin.

style.css

would it be better to have an additional forum.css imported into this to keep the style for the forum separate, and making it slightly easier for people to copy the whole thing (minus style.css) to an existing theme?

Normally I’d also suggest importing the standard style.css from twentyten, but that may be difficult.

Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

Can I suggest that in the core plugin some new roles are added:

Forum Mod & Forum Admin.

Admin may not be quite as useful, but Moderator surely will be.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

That’s in the plans but feel free to open a trac ticket. I’d like to work within the existing WordPress roles and caps if possible, but also understand it might be nice to have dedicated forum admins and moderators.

My immediate thought would be to enable WordPress multisite and use a dedicated site with dedicated ‘staff’ for the forums, but I also understand that’s only one particular use-case and isn’t optimal for everyone.

Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

That doesn’t work though – then you’d have to put the forum in that subsite as well.

So I’ll raise a ticker for the roles.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

For people running into issues on Windows local installs, svn up and test the most recent trunk. The solution isn’t very pretty but appears to work on all server configs.

Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

Works OK for me, I never thought of just changing that portion (doh).

Thanks.

DeysonOrtiz
    Participant

@deysonortiz

Hello,

It seems the plug-in does not show up in my Plugins-admin page.

I dropped the ‘plugin’ folder into the wp-content/plugins folder and then changed the folder named ‘plugin’ to bbpress.

Am I missing something

I am really excited to see this work! :)

Thank you.

Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

what is in the bbpress directory?

Mark McWilliams

@markmcwilliams

John James Jacoby: For people running into issues on Windows local installs, svn up and test the most recent trunk. The solution isn’t very pretty but appears to work on all server configs.

I love this (ugly) solution, thanks for taking the time to do what you did, and if what Ryan Boren did in a particular change in WordPress helped too then grand! :) With this, you can tell Automattic made a good call adding you to the team (congratulations again!)

Rich Pedley: Works OK for me, I never thought of just changing that portion (doh).

You always think about it after you see the change made, I’m sure I’d been playing about with that at one stage but had nothing like the final ”solution” shows … least we’ve got JJJ to help us! ;)

DeysonOrtiz: I dropped the ‘plugin’ folder into the wp-content/plugins folder and then changed the folder named ‘plugin’ to bbpress.

By rights it should show up fine in either folder. So inside the /wp-content/plugins/bbpress/ directory do you see a bbpress.php file? Can you just double check all the files needed to run the bbPress Plugin have been uploaded! :)

DeysonOrtiz
    Participant

@deysonortiz

Yes Mark I see the bbpress.php file and every other file that I downloaded from here :

https://trac.bbpress.org/browser/branches/plugin.

Thank you :)

Mark McWilliams

@markmcwilliams

DeysonOrtiz: Yes Mark I see the bbpress.php file and every other file […]

Well if thats the case, then I see no reason why it shouldn’t show up in WordPress at all, ready for you to activate and start playing about with! Very odd…!

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

@DeysonOrtiz – Sounds like you’re missing some files or something didn’t get moved/downloaded completely.

I’d say give it another shot and try again.

Viewing 25 replies - 151 through 175 (of 1,184 total)
  • The topic ‘bbPress 2.0 – Updates’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar