Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress 2.0 – Updates

Viewing 25 replies - 1,101 through 1,125 (of 1,184 total)

• ratsoid2
    Participant

@ratsoid2

You put that code in your comments template, and (only) if a registered user comments, there will be a link to their forum profile in the comment also.

Example: http://imm.io/7PE6

ratsoid2
    Participant

@ratsoid2

You put that code in your comments template, and (only) if a registered user comments, there will be a link to their forum profile in the comment also.

Example: http://imm.io/7PE6

pimarts
    Participant

@pimarts

Isn’t your code missing an <XXX/a> before <XXX/span> too ratsoid2?

(remove XXX)

pimarts
    Participant

@pimarts

Isn’t your code missing an <XXX/a> before <XXX/span> too ratsoid2?

(remove XXX)

master5o1
    Participant

@master5o1

</a> and </span>. Posting HTML as code is using the backticks (` on the ~ key).

master5o1
    Participant

@master5o1

</a> and </span>. Posting HTML as code is using the backticks (` on the ~ key).

I installed 2.0 (Beta 3) RC2

WordPress – 3.2.1

http://www.example.com/forum/sample-forum-2/ (Accessible)

http://www.example.com/forum/ (nothing is displayed)

I was expecting http://www.gortp.com/forum/ page to list all the public forums.

Do I have to configure additional settings?

I installed 2.0 (Beta 3) RC2

WordPress – 3.2.1

http://www.example.com/forum/sample-forum-2/ (Accessible)

http://www.example.com/forum/ (nothing is displayed)

I was expecting http://www.gortp.com/forum/ page to list all the public forums.

Do I have to configure additional settings?

Both files

page-front-forums.php

archive-forum.php

Has the correct code

<?php bbp_get_template_part( 'bbpress/content', 'archive-forum' ); ?>

Both files

page-front-forums.php

archive-forum.php

Has the correct code

<?php bbp_get_template_part( 'bbpress/content', 'archive-forum' ); ?>

bbpress RC2:

1. The search does not work. It searches only in the wordpress default pages, not in forum posts.

2. The profile edit does not work. It ends with fatal error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function get_error_codes() on a non-object in … bbpress/bbp-includes/bbp-common-functions.php on line 1392

3. Stick a top to the front and close it. Add another topic and make it sticky to a forum only. The super sticky topic does not appear everywhere anymore.

bbpress RC2:

1. The search does not work. It searches only in the wordpress default pages, not in forum posts.

2. The profile edit does not work. It ends with fatal error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function get_error_codes() on a non-object in … bbpress/bbp-includes/bbp-common-functions.php on line 1392

3. Stick a top to the front and close it. Add another topic and make it sticky to a forum only. The super sticky topic does not appear everywhere anymore.

folgerj
    Participant

@folgerj

Does anyone let unregistered users post topics and comments?

Also I was wondering if any thought for down the road towards letting them login with their facebook login. I see that with many forums now-a-days. But I figure that would be a future issue to tackle…

folgerj
    Participant

@folgerj

Does anyone let unregistered users post topics and comments?

Also I was wondering if any thought for down the road towards letting them login with their facebook login. I see that with many forums now-a-days. But I figure that would be a future issue to tackle…

pimarts
    Participant

@pimarts

I’m not letting unregistered users post topics and comments, I am letting users login/register and post with Facebook though. Seems to work great.

pimarts
    Participant

@pimarts

I’m not letting unregistered users post topics and comments, I am letting users login/register and post with Facebook though. Seems to work great.

folgerj
    Participant

@folgerj

I haven’t seen anything that would allow them to register with their facebook account… I assume there may be a way to do this but using this to by pass the registration process is what I was thinking that way they could comment or reply with out becoming a registered user.

I don’t know if something like this is even practical.. I just assume all of you are more experienced with this so I look to learn what is working for you.

I’m not a code hacker (editing the PHP is a mystery to me.. I can do it as long as some says what the insertion point is… (has to be dummy proof for me)…

I updated to RD2 2.0 and I haven’t seen any glitches but I don’t have very many users and I’m going to try to sticky and super sticky topic post and see what happens…

Is there a PDF online that will tell me what these thing should do versus what I see them actually do?

folgerj
    Participant

@folgerj

I haven’t seen anything that would allow them to register with their facebook account… I assume there may be a way to do this but using this to by pass the registration process is what I was thinking that way they could comment or reply with out becoming a registered user.

I don’t know if something like this is even practical.. I just assume all of you are more experienced with this so I look to learn what is working for you.

I’m not a code hacker (editing the PHP is a mystery to me.. I can do it as long as some says what the insertion point is… (has to be dummy proof for me)…

I updated to RD2 2.0 and I haven’t seen any glitches but I don’t have very many users and I’m going to try to sticky and super sticky topic post and see what happens…

Is there a PDF online that will tell me what these thing should do versus what I see them actually do?

pimarts
    Participant

@pimarts

I’m using the WP-FB-AutoConnect plugin.

pimarts
    Participant

@pimarts

I’m using the WP-FB-AutoConnect plugin.

Hello to all good people working so hard on this..

How are we running on this bbPress plugin?

Last time i checked, we had none real Beta live, today i checked again and i find a Beta 3 RC 2.

So what’s next?

– Beta 3 RC 3 ?

And after that a final version or how does this system of RC work?

Thanks

Hello to all good people working so hard on this..

How are we running on this bbPress plugin?

Last time i checked, we had none real Beta live, today i checked again and i find a Beta 3 RC 2.

So what’s next?

– Beta 3 RC 3 ?

And after that a final version or how does this system of RC work?

Thanks

the theme Twenty Ten is necessary to update the plugin ?

I want to remove it completely! as well as your folder !

leaving only the file index.php inside the folder bbp-themes !

this will cause error if I update the plugin ?

the theme Twenty Ten is necessary to update the plugin ?

I want to remove it completely! as well as your folder !

leaving only the file index.php inside the folder bbp-themes !

this will cause error if I update the plugin ?

Anonymous User 5853594
    Inactive

@anonymized-5853594

@BJ

The current RC2 works pretty well. Although news of the RC updates hasn’t been posted in the devblog, or anywhere else as far as I know, I do expect the plugin to go gold sometime soon.

I don’t think that there will be another RC, but then again, I wouldn’t be too surprised if things take a bit longer, this being bbPress and all…

@croata08

You don’t need Twenty Ten if you don’t use the bbPress child theme. Then you could remove all the files from the themes.

As updating works now, during the process all the changed files would get updated. So if there were to be made changes to the theme, they would get copied to your server.

But why would you? If you want to make a theme from scratch, you could use the child theme as a base with examples of how to write it.

Viewing 25 replies - 1,101 through 1,125 (of 1,184 total)
  • The topic ‘bbPress 2.0 – Updates’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar