Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress 2.0 – Updates

Viewing 25 replies - 1,001 through 1,025 (of 1,184 total)

• Spiralspeaks

@spiralspeaks

Bug I see Topic Tag: e-commerce

Topic Tag: regras

Home › Fórums › Topic Tag: regras

Oh bother! No topics were found here!

As seen also on this forum

<code>
    ricardouk.com/forums/topic-tag/regras
    </code>

using latest version…

what happened???

the first version of

bbPress (Twenty Ten) 1.1 by WordPress and bbPress teams

topic tag is ok

but this one

bbPress (Twenty Ten) 1.2 by WordPress and bbPress teams not ok

Additional info:

Tried to fix it I thought taxonomy-topic-tag.php

but after edit

Topic Tag: bbPress

Forums › Topic Tag: bbPress

no topics shown for Topic Tag: bbPress

hlwinkler
    Participant

@hlwinkler

How can I enable forum search on a working 2.0 installation? The site-wide search doesn’t give hits for forums topics or replies.

Anonymous User 5853594
    Inactive

@anonymized-5853594

@JJJ

Will it become possible to use shortcodes from other plugins for WP?

For example the Polldaddy’s shortcodes for embedding polls and such.

tooltrainer

@tooltrainer

Got this from a site member…

“i have 2 pages of “favorites” and when i tried to go to the 2nd page of my favorites after clicking on my username, it redirects me to the home page”

Is this a bug? Has it been fixed?

Also what about my earlier report of the word “native” being at the top of many of the b3 files? What’s that about?

Thanks,

Jonathan

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

The ‘native’ text is an artifact from setting the eol-style. Not supposed to be there, and I’ll likely put out a Beta 3c to remove them. Super weird.

I’ll look into the pagination of favorites. Last I checked it was working just fine.

tooltrainer

@tooltrainer

OK, whew… not something on my end that managed to corrupt all those files. Had me worried since nobody else seemed to mention them!

Jonathan

Sofian J. Anom

@lightcapturer

Anyone know how to make the forum tab on the navigation is highlighted when the forum page (including topics) displayed? I’ve tried both themes bp-default and Twenty Ten but it did not happen.

CrownOfMars

@crownofmars

I’m wanting to change the default page.php being used. I found this earlier on in this thread.

add_filter( ‘bbp_template_include’, ‘foo’ );

function foo( $file ) { return ‘page-forums.php’; }

This is no longer working. It worked perfectly on a previous site but not this current one. I get the following error:

Warning: include(page-forums.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:Program Filesxampphtdocsspawp-includestemplate-loader.php on line 43

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening ‘page-forums.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.;C:Program FilesxamppphpPEAR’) in C:Program Filesxampphtdocsspawp-includestemplate-loader.php on line 43

The page-forums.php file does exist so that’s not the problem. Any ideas?

bradsucks
    Participant

@bradsucks

Still having the same topic tag issues (nothing found) — no URL collisions or anything. Just mentioning it since I don’t see it in the bug tracker.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

RC 1 due out tonight, with lots more little audits and fixes. Thanks to everyone for testing and feedback. :)

I’m having a problem with the import from the standalone bbpress. However, it could be due to size. My current bbpress stats:

7 forums

12246 topics

274779 posts

8498 users

When I import, it cuts off right about 4,900 (page stops loading and ‘completes’). When I go back to import again, it asks if I want to start over or continue, and although I choose continue, it just re-imports the same ones it did before (starts over). I’ve used .htaccess to set my php upload limits and max execution time to a bunch of 9s, so that’s not it.

Any ideas? I can do it manually through phpmyadmin or something if need be, I’m just not sure exactly where to put everything. Site is WP 3.1.3 and bbpress is 1.0.3

danddco
    Participant

@danddco

@JJJ

@Gautam

Hey guys. One of the projects I work on has a bbpress forum that is very popular. I am talking recent daily traffic of over 160K page views.

When the traffic gets that crazy requests from bbPress start stacking up until all the memory is exhausted then mySQL shuts down.

Initially, we had the site on a RackSpace ‘cloud sites’ hosting account but it could not support it. The forum/site continually crashed during peak traffic.

Recently we moved the site to VPS.net. With access to the my.cnf we were able to keep the site going but it required us dedicating 3 CPUs and 3 gigs of memory and even at that we maxed out and ssw slow downs.

I am not much of a programmer or mySQL guy so my question to you is this… would you be interested in looking at our log files or anything to see what the root cause of this is and to maybe enhance, modify, whatever… offending code? db queries?

I am looking forward to moving over the bbPress plugin but I am a little apprehensive that it might perform worse during these peak traffic times which we cannot afford.

Perhaps your poking around and doing an analysis could help us both out. Thanks!

Are there known issues with translations in bbPress 2.0 beta 3b and WP 3.2 RC2? Got a fully translated language file, but still seeing a lot of untranslated strings. POT/GlotPress not up to date?

/edit found the updated pot. But still, GlotPress is not up to date.

Tom Lynch
    Participant

@ctsttom

Is there a way for the forums you setup to live in http:/forum.gdnm.org with no trailing /forums because I am using a wordpress multisite install and eventually will switch to bbpress and the forum doesn’t sit on the front page and I can’t see how to do that.

Andre
    Participant

@andrejcarter

@Tom Lynch – Create a page, title it “Forum” or whatever you like. Put “[bbp-forum-index]” including the brackets as the content of the page and publish it.

Then go to Settings -> Reading in the Admin panel. Change the “Front Page Displays” option to page and select “Forum” or whatever you named the page.

Tom Lynch
    Participant

@ctsttom

@Andre Thanks for that bbPress Plugin is amazing work guys, looking forward to the release!

tooltrainer

@tooltrainer

I have a feature request, in case it hasn’t been brought up before (seems unlikely but never know…)

Normally all links in a bbP install open in the same browser window, but this takes everyone away from your forum when they click an external link.

I would like to request that a selectable feature to make all external links open with target=”_blank” (or equivalent) be added to bbP to prevent this. I’ve had a number of members mention that they wished links would open in a separate tab/window.

Thanks for considering!

Jonathan

Andre
    Participant

@andrejcarter

@dobralog – The goal is the same time as WordPress 3.2 which is scheduled for Thursday. I don’t know if either is on schedule. I assume WP is close since RC2 is out. bbPress was supposed to have an RC out 3 days ago, but I haven’t seen it yet.

Anonymous User 5853594
    Inactive

@anonymized-5853594

@Andre

I’ve been running RC1 for two days now. It has been a pretty silent release, I couldn’t find any news about it, other than JJJ’s post in this thread.

Andre
    Participant

@andrejcarter

@Trifon – Thank you. I expected it to show up in the WP auto update.

Anonymous User 5853594
    Inactive

@anonymized-5853594

@Andre

I think that will only happen when 2.0 has gone gold and for later updates.

Andre
    Participant

@andrejcarter

@Trifon – It happened at least once between betas, that’s why I expected it to happen again.

Tom Lynch
    Participant

@ctsttom

Thanks for helping out before, works well however the slug still shows like this on posts and forums…

http://forum.gdnm.co.uk/forums/forum/bahons-graphic-design-new-media-forums/

Its not very sightly, is there a way to remove the forums/forum bit?

Anonymous User 5853594
    Inactive

@anonymized-5853594

Under Settings>Forums you could uncheck the forum prefix, which would remove one of the forum slugs.

That could create some conflicts with your WP slugs though (especially the “tag” slug).

Tom Lynch
    Participant

@ctsttom

@trifon thanks, I didn’t even realise there were settings there, I thought it was odd but thanks thats great!

Viewing 25 replies - 1,001 through 1,025 (of 1,184 total)
  • The topic ‘bbPress 2.0 – Updates’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar