Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress 2.0 Theming Video Tutorial

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

That’s awesome Chris! Great work! Mind if I link this video in a page in the Codex?

When it comes time to put together round 2 of this video, I have a few suggestions on things I’d like to see included.

1. Instead of dropping the files into the active theme, can you walk through quickly making a child theme? I bet many users are not able to hack away at the core files of their themes because they’ve purchased them just don’t have control over that code.

2. Have you looked into dropping a ‘bbpress,php’ file into the root of the existing theme? You get less control over the actual template code, but it speeds up the process of getting the sidebar placement working in forums, topics, and the various other edit screens.

3. Good tip on loading the JS in the footer. Probably a core patch there so no one has to do that later. :)

That’s my only real suggestions. The video is great and does a good job at showing how easy it is to do with a little bit of investigation into the code.

Hey JJJ, glad you like the video. Feel free to include it in the codex.

1. I’ll look at making a child theme “friendly” version of this video. I agree, it’s important for end users to know how to implement this. I was mostly providing this for developers who are creating premium themes & wanting to bundle bbPress.

2. Good point. I totally forgot about “bbpress.php”. I’ll look into it.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

That’s what I figured. Thanks again.

Your spam situation should be fixed, too.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar