Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress 2.0 – problem with importer from bbPress standalone 1.0.3

• OreilleMalade
    Participant

@oreillemalade

Hello,

I tried today to migrate my bbPress 1.0.3 standalone to bbPress 2.0 (revision 3380) but something went wrong.

Problem is about the importer.

I followed all instructions (disabled all plugins in both WordPress and bbPress standalone, switched to twenty-ten theme) and started import.

I didn’t import users as forum is not integrated with WordPress and it’s a very little forum (about 7 or 8 members and about 1000 topics) but maybe I should.

Anyway… After 3 or 4 minutes, imports stopped. In fact, import stops every 3 or 4 minutes. Sometimes I got this error message :

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /homez.131/oreillemh/www/forum/bb-includes/functions.bb-forums.php on line 84

Everytime I clicked to go and after a few stops I had a look at the result.

Here it is :

http://www.imagup.com/data/1126800888.html

As you can see, topics are imported as forums.

Moreover, same topics are imported many time.

As a result, I disabled bbPress 2.0 for the moment.

Could somebody help me ?

Best Regards,

Laurent

PS : I’m using BuddyPress and I really thought BuddyPress 1.5 would integrate bbPress 2.0… I’m a little bit disappointed but I’m sure it will be for next release, right ? ;-)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• OreilleMalade
    Participant

@oreillemalade

I’m considering to install bbPress 2.0 (revision 3380) and start brand new forums on my site THEN to import my former forum when bbPress 2.0 will be offically released (because I guess the importer will work OK at this moment) :

will it be possible to import some bbPress 1.0.3 content into an already existing bbPress 2.0 forum ?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Laurent

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar