Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress 2.0 & BBCode

• Hi,

is there a possibility to add BBCode to bbPress 2.0?

The plugin “BBCode Lite for BuddyPress” is written for bbPress 1.x and doesn’t work when put into wp-content/plugins.

Thanks,

neontrauma

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • I think I read somewhere that the way to do this would be to extend a WordPress plugin that adds bbcode to wordpress posts, such as the bOingball BBCode plugin to also apply to bbpress posts and replies.

I also need this feature and would be willing to do the work coding it. At the moment though I’m not sure how to begin unless someone can quickly teach me the basics for making a wordpress shortcode active in bbpress forum posts… ^-^

Well I’ve got bbCode working in my own forums now by creating a mod of the b0ingball bbcode plugin that also supports bbpress. I’ve requested a repository on wordpress for this and will make it available there as soon as my request is approved.

Its just an alpha version so far. It works for my site and historic posts imported from SMF, Vanilla and Phorum versions of my sites forum (I’ve been through a load), but I had to mod the quote and url tags from the b0ingball version because they didn’t work properly for me. Hopefully by fixing them for myself I haven’t broken it for anyone else. I’m prepared to do a little work to get this universal.

Version 0.1 of my plugin is now available for download on wordpress.org. Find it here if you want to help test it: https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/bbpress-bbcode/

Version 0.2 is out, more stable now. Much improvements over the bOingball version, even if you don’t have bbpress installed. The

Quote:
    tag now supports

name wrote:
    format in such a way that if name is the login name of a user on the system, it displays as their display name instead. Also if buddypress is installed, the display name becomes a link to their profile page. If buddypress isn’t installed but bbpress is, it links to their forum user page. I’ve also added css style classes to the html output, allowing for some interesting theme options…

surrealalien

@surrealalien

Hey,

Does this allow BBpress template codes within WordPress posts and pages? I asked about here: https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/using-template-codes-within-wordpress

If it does, could you offer some guidance on implementing the codes?

Thanks.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar