Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress 1.0-alpha-6 released

• Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

This alpha release is to specifically address issues that arose from the last release. In addition I believe that the long standing issues with auto role assignment between WordPress and bbPress are now resolved as well.

Download here

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 50 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Should I be concerned that the zip file still is named alpha5?

I would say, “YES”. I don’t know what I was thinking. I had the whole system running fine then I uploaded A6 like a big dumb gangling puppy! I didn’t make a backup and now it doesn’t work.

I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function do_action() in /home/user/public_html/forums/index.php on line 6

line 6.) do_action( ‘bb_index.php_pre_db’, ” );

I’ve downloaded it and installed, and the version remains the same (alpha 5) 😮

FYI – Only three files changed in Trunk

• bb-includesfunctions.bb-users.php
    • bb-includesfunctions.bb-meta.php
    • bb-adminoptions-wordpress.php

I uploaded those and my version says alpha-6

Check your functions.bb-meta.php file for this:

case 'version' :
    return '1.0-alpha-6'; // Don't filter
    break;

It still says 1.0-alpha-5 in the file I downloaded :(

Yeah, the zipfiles are wrong.

Ok, I copy instructions Ipstenu kindly provided for 1.05a ;)

1. 1.06a is here, download link at the bottom https://trac.bbpress.org/browser/tags/1.0-alpha-6/

2. no backpress in trunk however, download this: http://backpress.automattic.com/changeset/190/trunk?old_path=%2F&format=zip – This is for the backpress folder

3.Create a folder /bb-includes/backpress and unzip backpress there.

that is it

I tested 1.06a integration. I created a new user through wordpress and he can post in bbpress.

Let’s see if anybody can confirm this.

Just tested. Made an ID on bbpress and it is magically set up as a Subscriber on WP!

Hot digity!

We’re Not Worthy!

I did a second test using my live installation and it worked. A new user registered through wp and after login he appears as member in the bbpress control panel.

However, since 1.05a all new posts appears as started by “anonymous” user. I do know what to check to correct this behavior.

You’re using an anon-posting plugin? It may no longer be compatible. Try turning that off.

You’re using an anon-posting plugin?

No, I didn’t start to install plugins yet, only bbsmilies is engaged.

Okay, I’ve got 1.0-a-6 and no problem with posts.

Your individual topics are fine. The only thoughts that jump to mind is that it’s your theme or your language pack. Maybe it’s pulling the wrong field?

I just checked both. I removed the language file and the same error.

For showing the topic starter I have <?php post_author_link(); ?> in my template. Is this wrong?

That’s what I have too. :| That’s really wild.

Do you have access to your SQL database? If so, check the bb_topics table in that db and check what it says for the ‘topic_poster_name’ column. The default for that on my table is ‘Anonymous’ so it’s like it’s not writing to that field. Which would mean even if you flipped the bit to the old theme, the database still has it wrong.

So, try making a test post while using the default theme?

The default kakumei template has no post_author_link in front-page.php or forum.php. Perhaps it is that post_author_link doesn’t work anymore inside the forum loop because the topic loop is different.

check the bb_topics table in that db and check what it says for the ‘topic_poster_name’ column

Checked. Below topic_poster and topic_poster_name columns are all the right starter user IDs and usernames.

With the default theme I have the same error. Actually, my custom theme is a stripped kakumei :(

BTW, I changed post_author_link for post_author_id and all IDs appears as zero.

I am a bit confused? I have these in my wp-config for mu.wordpress–do I use these:

define( ‘AUTH_SALT’, ‘gggggggggggggg’ );

define( ‘LOGGED_IN_SALT’, ‘ggggggggggggg’ );

define( ‘SECURE_AUTH_SALT’, ‘gggggggggggggggggggggg’ );

or the ones in:

domain.com/wp-admin/options.php

which one’s do I use? They are different from each other…

And then do I just update my phpadmin tables? Currently, I am using the 2nd option, but there is no connection. Thanks

regarding the post_author_link issue, I solve it, you need to change post_author_link for topic_author.

This link is ver handy; http://phpxref.ftwr.co.uk/bbpress/_functions/

Nevertheless, I don’t know if it is kept up to date.

famous you use the ones from your wp-config file and put those in the bbPress admin page for WP integration.

ganzua that is … weird, but okay.

Thanks Ipstenu, it helped, now it works–so far…

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

As of today, Alpha6 is still not in the download link.

This method above is what I used to upgrade to alpha6. Have not tested new users yet however.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Using the method above, a new user registering in WordPress is given the proper role/capability in bbPress. So far this appears to be the best integration yet. I will of course do more testing, but so far so good!

Note: This also proves compatible with the WordPress “Register Plus” plugin.

I have the same problem of cookies of previous version of alpha bbpress, with this 1.0.6

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/cookies-in-wp-and-bbpress-only-works-on-logout#post-22901

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar