Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress 1.0.3 + WordPress 3.1.1 Integration

• logicynic

@logicynic

Hi,

I’m trying to integrate bbPress 1.03 into WordPress 3.1.1. I’ve followed all the instructions but I can’t seem to get the cookie integration to work. Before I hack away at it I thought it would be worth asking whether this is a known issue?

Thanks.

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

• Syrinxie

@syrinxie

I had that issue, and I had to manually paste the data between the config.php files. >.> Also, integrating the two well after actually installation was something I had to do aswell.

And there is a plugin you should look for in WP, it’s called “bbPress integration” and it tells you whats needed in your config file to share cookies.

Syrinxie

@syrinxie

I had that issue, and I had to manually paste the data between the config.php files. >.> Also, integrating the two well after actually installation was something I had to do aswell.

And there is a plugin you should look for in WP, it’s called “bbPress integration” and it tells you whats needed in your config file to share cookies.

logicynic

@logicynic

I’ve tried all that already actually (copying the data between the two config files and setting up “bbPress integration” plugin).

Thanks for the suggestions though.

Does this mean you’ve managed to get it working successfully with WordPress 3.1.1?

logicynic

@logicynic

I’ve tried all that already actually (copying the data between the two config files and setting up “bbPress integration” plugin).

Thanks for the suggestions though.

Does this mean you’ve managed to get it working successfully with WordPress 3.1.1?

Syrinxie

@syrinxie

Kinda. I’m having issues with User Role Maps not working. But other than that yes. It works fine.

If you have AIM, leave it and I’ll try to help in anyway I can.

Syrinxie

@syrinxie

Kinda. I’m having issues with User Role Maps not working. But other than that yes. It works fine.

If you have AIM, leave it and I’ll try to help in anyway I can.

Ashish Kumar (Ashfame)
    Participant

@ashfame

Ashish Kumar (Ashfame)
    Participant

@ashfame

markusdrake

@markusdrake

Have you guys been able to fix this using Ashfame’s link?

One of my issues happens to be this exact problem.

markusdrake

@markusdrake

Have you guys been able to fix this using Ashfame’s link?

One of my issues happens to be this exact problem.

markusdrake

@markusdrake

I don’t know why, but changing my salts in the config file and through the admin portion of the site to match new ones got things rolling for me.

https://api.wordpress.org/secret-key/1.1/salt/ and changed my wordpress values in the config.php file and admin section of the site, then copied the values (again) to bbpress’s config.php file.”

markusdrake

@markusdrake

I don’t know why, but changing my salts in the config file and through the admin portion of the site to match new ones got things rolling for me.

https://api.wordpress.org/secret-key/1.1/salt/ and changed my wordpress values in the config.php file and admin section of the site, then copied the values (again) to bbpress’s config.php file.”

ReviewInfobase

@reviewinfobase

I remember I had similar issue before a while back, not exact the same, I end up reinstalling the whole thing several times coz I had thought it was my installation problem. Finally I just gave up. I may try it some time later again.

ReviewInfobase

@reviewinfobase

I remember I had similar issue before a while back, not exact the same, I end up reinstalling the whole thing several times coz I had thought it was my installation problem. Finally I just gave up. I may try it some time later again.

arpowers

@arpowers

We are having a similar issue, all of the sudden the sync between bbPress and WordPress stopped working.

Debating regenerating salts, but we have several systems integrated, would have to switch em all, and don’t know if this would fix the problem..

Ap

arpowers

@arpowers

We are having a similar issue, all of the sudden the sync between bbPress and WordPress stopped working.

Debating regenerating salts, but we have several systems integrated, would have to switch em all, and don’t know if this would fix the problem..

Ap

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar