Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

BBPlugin – Can't resize forum listing

• Hi All,

I’ve recently added some forums to my site and although they look good I’m unable to resize the forum listing and as such the forum listing collides with the side bar and looks awful :(

the forums are here: http://barnstormers.org.uk/forums/

I have a ‘Forums’ page set up using the bbpress forum index page template.

Can anyone let me know how to resolve this as the site will be going officially live in a few days.

Cheers,

Seb

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Has anyone got any ideas on this? It’s very odd as it seems to only affect the main forum list subsequent forum / topic lists seems to be fine width wise and adjust with the page in different resolutions / as the browser gets resized.

I’ve tried fiddling about with the CSS for the .bbp-forums class but it seems to take no notice (however the subsequent topics / forums seem to do so)

I’ve had to install bbpress a little differently than @jjj specified in his sticky thread I had to do the following:

Create a ‘Forums’ page of template type bbPress – Forums (Index)

As I’m using a child theme of twenty ten I can’t use the child theme method as it complains about having too many functions.php s. So I copied the contents (except the functions.php and style.css) of the bbp-twentyten folder into my child theme then added the theme support in twenty-ten’s function.php. This seemed to work but no styles were being applied so i copied the bbpress.css contents into my style.css and now everything looks great I just can’t get the main forum index to resize with the page and it looks really messy under the side bar.

Using chrome’s ‘Inspect Element’ I can see the table.bbp-fourms takes up more width than the #content div but I have no idea how to restrain it to using only the width of #content.

Any help at all greatly appreciated and Thank you for a fantastic plugin.

http://barnstormers.org.uk/forums

Has anyone got any ideas on this? It’s very odd as it seems to only affect the main forum list subsequent forum / topic lists seems to be fine width wise and adjust with the page in different resolutions / as the browser gets resized.

I’ve tried fiddling about with the CSS for the .bbp-forums class but it seems to take no notice (however the subsequent topics / forums seem to do so)

I’ve had to install bbpress a little differently than @jjj specified in his sticky thread I had to do the following:

Create a ‘Forums’ page of template type bbPress – Forums (Index)

As I’m using a child theme of twenty ten I can’t use the child theme method as it complains about having too many functions.php s. So I copied the contents (except the functions.php and style.css) of the bbp-twentyten folder into my child theme then added the theme support in twenty-ten’s function.php. This seemed to work but no styles were being applied so i copied the bbpress.css contents into my style.css and now everything looks great I just can’t get the main forum index to resize with the page and it looks really messy under the side bar.

Using chrome’s ‘Inspect Element’ I can see the table.bbp-fourms takes up more width than the #content div but I have no idea how to restrain it to using only the width of #content.

Any help at all greatly appreciated and Thank you for a fantastic plugin.

http://barnstormers.org.uk/forums

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

If you aren’t able follow the instructions provided, these kinds of things will happen. Revisit what you couldn’t do, and that should alleviate your woes. Hint: the functions.php code is also responsible for enqueueing the CSS. :)

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

If you aren’t able follow the instructions provided, these kinds of things will happen. Revisit what you couldn’t do, and that should alleviate your woes. Hint: the functions.php code is also responsible for enqueueing the CSS. :)

Thanks JJJ I’ll look now.

Thanks for your time

Thanks JJJ I’ll look now.

Thanks for your time

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar