Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbMenu 1.1 BETA need help fixing a (ajax)bug

• Hi,

I finished the next version of the bbMenu plugin, but it has 1 little bug that I can’t seem to fix. When you double click a menu item (in the admin area -> site management) you can change the title. When you press “ok” ajax will save the changes to the db, but it will return the value TWICE (not update the value twice, that goes well).

So like title:

Forums

edit to: bbForum

press ok

ajax will save: bbForum to the db, but will show:

bbForumbbForum

Refreshing the page will clear it and show it just once. How to fix this?

I’ve created a beta file so you guys can see what i mean:

http://www.sourceskins.com/bbmenu1.1beta.zip

If you already used this plugin, you’ll have to delete the menu table from the db first!!

Files that really matter:

edit.php (file that is called when pressing ok)

editinplace.js (handels al the editing)

bbmenu.php (actual plugin)

Also, when I commented out: require_once('../bb-load.php'); in the edit.php file, I didn’t had the problem (could be because nothing was being saved, so it wouldn’t return a value at all)

Hope some one can help me with this so I can release this :)

ps. when installing this plugin and you see nothing, refresh the page (still working on this)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • lol…i’m still getting this error Null:

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/suleiman/public_html/forums/my-plugins/bbmenu.php on line 324

I’m starting to think this is a mysql version number issue.

Hi sul,

I also think your problem is a php or sql version issue. I have 2 testservers at different hosting providers and it works great on both :) I will take a look at the version nrs perhaps you can upgrade/downgrade then…

But that’s not the problem of this topic, I need to get rid of this double content showing :)

No 1? :(

Sorry. AJAX is alien to me. Your best bet would be finding an AJAX forum. They were quite helpful here with a javascript problem I had: http://www.webdeveloper.com/

Thx going to try that!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar