Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bb_meta corrupted?

• citizenkeith
    Participant

@citizenkeith

My forum won’t load and I noticed via PHPMyAdmin that bb_meta is listed as “in use.” I analyzed the table and this is what I got:

analyze Error Table ‘./db68418_citizenkeith/bb_meta’ is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed

analyze Error Table ‘bb_meta’ is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed

analyze error Corrupt

I am running RC3 on Media Host’s grid service.

I’ve been having LOTS of MySQL errors lately:

http://bbpress.org/forums/topic/database-upgrade-issues

http://bbpress.org/forums/topic/recount-errors

I haven’t had time to check out logs or anything, and now I think I’m screwed. I found a MySQL backup from June 21, and I should be able to drop bb_meta and import the old table. I just want to give Media Temple a chance to respond to my support ticket, and I don’t want to potentially screw up the forum even more.

This is a private forum in which a handful of friends post and chat, so it’s not critical. But I would like to get this resolved and any help from the bbpress community would be appreciated.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• citizenkeith
    Participant

@citizenkeith

I went ahead and dropped bb_meta, then imported a 6/21 backup. Everything seems to be working fine. Should I do anything else before I proceed?

Other than make another backup right now? No.

It looks like that was a good way to solve the issue. I can’t imagine how that corruption happened. Cylons…

citizenkeith
    Participant

@citizenkeith

Other than make another backup right now?

Already done. :)

I’m really concerned with all these MySQL errors I’m getting with MediaTemple. I’d love to find a solid, reliable host in the same price range, but I suppose you get what you pay for.

What version of MySQL are they running?

citizenkeith
    Participant

@citizenkeith

They are running 4.1.11.

In addition to the problems reported in my initial post, I have had to “upgrade the database” when logging into the admin panel TWICE today.

Upgrade message (same every time… this has been happening a lot these last few weeks):

Beginning upgradeā€¦

Tags copied to taxonomy tables: bb_upgrade_1080

Display names populated: bb_upgrade_1090

Index forum_stickies dropped: bb_upgrade_1100

>>> Done

citizenkeith
    Participant

@citizenkeith

Just woke up to find my database screwed up again.

The “upgrade the database” message came right up in the admin panel again. The template that I was using was switched to the default. Some plugins were deactivated while others that I had switched off were activated. Incidentally, every time this happens, the exact same plugins are activated/deactivated.

What would cause that??

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

bbPress relies on the database to tell it what plugins are active. If your db is having trouble and rolling back to an old set of data somehow it might show deactivated plugins.

You don’t have a shared host that is restoring backups on you, do you?

citizenkeith
    Participant

@citizenkeith

It would seem odd that they are restoring backups, because all my posts and threads are current. Why would it just roll back themes and plugins? Are those all stored in the same table… maybe bb_meta?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

If only that one table is open when MySQL crashes, you might have exactly this problem. Posts, users and topics are all stored in other tables, but the theme and plugins you’re using are indeed recorded in bb_topicmeta (in my 0.9.0.4 installation). So, if bb_topicmeta gets corrupted, I could see this happening. The database version is stored there as well, and if bbPress doesn’t find that, I think you would get the “upgrade the database” message as well.

I think the question is to find out why MySQL or the server is crashing.

citizenkeith
    Participant

@citizenkeith

I will look into this and report back later, but…

As reported in this thread:

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/recount-errors

I was using BOTH Simple Onelinelist and ck’s Members Online. Why, you ask? Well, because I was too lazy to edit one of the templates we use (Theme Switcher is installed). Not only is S.O. out of date, but I’m sure there was a conflict.

Once I deleted S.O., all my problems went away. Recount errors, database upgrade messages and corrupted tables. Some plugins that didn’t work properly in 1.0 (Admin Add User & Approve User Registration, specifically) started working. Perhaps this was the problem all along?

When I have a chance this weekend, I will investigate error logs and whatnot. For now, none of my previous problems can be reproduced.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar