Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bb-smilies doesn’t appears on edit-post pages

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

What version bbPress are you using?

meitershaker

@meitershaker

1.0 alpha (actual trunk) :)

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Apparently they’ve tampered with bb_location for the alpha and the edit-page is no longer a topic-page but a topic-edit-page.

Look for 0.0.4 soon.

Why not post these kinds of requests on the topic for the plugin itself? I don’t monitor the main forum on a regular basis.

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

I believe that change was your request _ck_

Happy to help/annoy!

: )

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

D’oh I gotta stop asking for these things!

deanhills
    Participant

@deanhills

Roll on 7 years and there are still no dedicated emoticons/smilies for BBPress. I’ve been testing the forum for use, but what forum on earth is worth its while if it doesn’t have smilies?

I tried the recommended wp-monalisa and ironically that completely disables BBPress when it is activated.

NOT impressed!

Robkk

@robkk

@deanhills

First don’t bump up 7 year old topics, it is annoying.

Second that bbPress in this topic was a standalone forum software and is entirely different from the plugin version now.

bbPress can use WordPress’s supplied smilies.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Smilies

🙂 🙁 😛

And even its emojis

https://codex.wordpress.org/Emoji

💀 👻 👽 😺 😸 😹 😻 😼 😽 🙀 😿 😾 🙌 👏 👋 👍 👊

deanhills
    Participant

@deanhills

Apologies about bumping the thread. I was new to the forum. I tried BBPress as standalone first and that didn’t want to work with the WP plugins. I then made it part of a WP Website, and that didn’t work for the smiley plugin WP-Monalisa. Suggest that it should at the very least be removed from the bbPress list of plugins as it is listed here. AND it didn’t work for my stand alone Website.

I really don’t want my visitors to have to type a code first before I see the smiley. I want it as one would find everywhere else in real forums. Without a plugin. I also don’t want to code it. WordPress is supposed to be for people who don’t have to get under the dashboard, preferably stay out of it. I spent probably a few hours last night researching this and I know for a fact I’m not the only one asking WordPress and especially bbPress to add smileys to people who make posts without having to load a plugin for it – or in the very least create a dedicated plugin by the developer of the bbPress that works at the time of downloading the stand alone software or WP Plugin.

Robkk

@robkk

bbPress 1x standalone is not going to work with any new WordPress plugins, unless you use custom code to allow it to somehow.

The plugin list labeled Legacy on this site, is for plugins that with bbPress 1x. The plugins section on this site, pulls plugins that work with bbPress on wordpress.org, are plugins that work with the plugin version of bbPress 2.

Your users do not really have to type a code?? They just they could just type regular smilies in text and it would output to the icon.

:) :( :P

Also I just told you, WordPress has smilies and emojis that you can use. The bbPress plugin can use WordPress’s library too. SO you may not need a plugin.

I am guessing you want something like a custom quicktag button that will show a dropdown of the smiles on your site. I can create a ticket for this if you want, and then we can see what the devs think of trying to add this to core.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar