Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bb Converter of Invision forums breaking replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anointed
    Participant

@anointed

Did you run the recount function after the import?

The old bbConverter plugin is virtually defunct now. We didn’t find it worth maintaining. I believe JJ has done a lot of work on the converter itself but am not sure if he has any plans of extending it to work with anything beyond the bbPress 1x importer.

As Anointed points out bbConverter is no longer being maintained but the code was used as the base for the freshly pressed bbPress v2.1 with many improvements to the conversion process.

https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/bbpress/

That said though, I have not tested the Invision import process, only bbPress & phpBB but you could definitely try the import with bbPress 2.1 and let us know how it goes

Flynn O'Connor
    Participant

@thoronas

Hey guys, the converter in BBpress worked out pretty well. There was some issues with emoticons not being converted properly but I ran into a more troubling issue. When a forum user tries to login into our site they get a php warning.

“Warning: require_once(bbp-converter.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/cog/public_html/test-site/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/bbp-includes/bbp-user-functions.php on line 1466

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘bbp-converter.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/cog/public_html/test-site/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/bbp-includes/bbp-user-functions.php on line 1466”

It seems to be unable to find the bbp-converter file. This could possibly have something to do with our urls as the sites path is http://64.64.27.114/~cog/test-site/ and as you can see up above the path it is trying taking differs. Any thoughts on how I could resolve this? None of the users can login in right now.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar