Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bb-admin: Forums Not Displaying

• Chip Bennett
    Participant

@chipbennett

I’m having a very strange problem with my bb-admin Forums (forums.php) page: none of my forums are displayed.

On the front end, all forums are visible, and posts/replies can be added.

But on the back end, it is as if bbPress can’t read the forum list from the database, or something.

It will let me add a new forum, but even a newly added forum isn’t displayed.

Has anyone seen anything like this? I’ve tried searching the bbPress forums, but haven’t run across anything even remotely similar.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Could it be a theme issue, maybe?

Chip Bennett
    Participant

@chipbennett

@InvTrdr: The back-end (bb-admin) isn’t themed.

is it a stand alone? version?

Chip Bennett
    Participant

@chipbennett

I have bbPress 1.0.2 installed, integrated with WP 2.8.4 using only the built-in bbPress integration functionality.

I would suspect a DB issue, except that the front-end can read/write to the appropriate DB tables.

Sounds like it. Can you reinstall BBpress?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Have you cleared the cookies or tried the back end with another browser?

Do you have a normal looking dashboard, but just the list of forums is missing?

Are you using any plugins?

Chip Bennett
    Participant

@chipbennett

@ gerikg: I can, but I’m not sure what it would accomplish. I suppose the nuclear option works if all else fails. Though, if it’s a database issue, will reinstalling bbPress help?

@ chrishajer: I have replicated the problem using IE8 and FF3.5 under WinXP. For thoroughness, I can check FF 3.0.x under Linux, but I don’t think it will make a difference.

Everything else about the admin, from the Dashboard on through all the rest of the pages, displays properly – all the settings, the posts, the users, everything.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I didn’t mean it was a browser display issue. I just wanted to see if using a browser that you hadn’t used before would have a different experience. It’s easier than clearing cookies sometimes.

So, are you using any plugins that might affect this?

Can you get a list of the forums using something like phpMyAdmin? Maybe you have a weird character or something that is throwing things off.

I’m never a fan of reinstalling. Just find and fix the problem, IMO.

Chip Bennett
    Participant

@chipbennett

@ chrishajer: Here are my active plugins:

Akismet

bb-NoSpamUser

BBcode Buttons Toolbar

BBcode Lite

bbPress signatures

bbPress Smilies

bb Topic Views

Best Answer

Bozo Users

Check For Updates

Enhanced Registration

Human Test for bbPress

Ignore Member

Mass Delete Users

Members Online

Mini Stats

My Views

My Views module – Most/Least Posts

My Views module – Most/Least Views

My Views module – Started/Participated Topics

New User Notification Email

Post Count Plus – Dynamic.Titles & More!

Post Count Plus for WordPress