Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

avatars–admin can offer selection to users

• agitainment

@agitainment

I’m trying to figure out a way to give users the option to select from a small number of pre-set avatars (say, five or six). As the admin, I want to be able to upload the avatars then give the users a choice, but I don’t want to allow users to be able to upload their own avatars to my site.

Does anyone know if bbpress already allows this (and how to accomplish it) or if there is a plug-in out there that allows for this (if it’s something like Avatar Upload, I’d need a way to turn off general uploading and only allow the admin to do the uploading)?

Thanks for the help.

Cheers!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• _ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

A fixed list of avatars would be easy to do, you just upload them yourself into a folder you decide and then have php do a glob of the files in that directory and present them to the member as a form with a radio select. Whatever they chose gets written by name to the user metadata.

Then you just need simple code in the display post template to show their chosen avatar.

It would be much safer and faster than other avatar methods.

agitainment

@agitainment

Thanks, _ck_. I’m no php genius, but I’ll give this a shot and see where it leads.

Cheers!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar