Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Archive legacy bbpress.org posts

• Erlend
    Participant

@sadr

I think you should seriously consider archiving the bulk of the legacy bbPress posts, maybe moving them to a separate forum like archive.bbpress.org.

It’s very troublesome when I’m trying to use Google or the native search to find posts with similar queries as mine, and I end up with mostly 2-4 year old posts relating to the old and abandoned standalone bbPress.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Too late now, and lots of the old topics are still relevant, even if not exact.

Shane Gowland
    Participant

@thewebatom

I can understand why you’ve chosen to preserve the old posts, but I agree with the OP that it makes finding relevant help with issues extremely difficult.

Perhaps a happy compromise could be reached, such as an option that makes the forum search exclude results dated prior to the release of 2.0. Or even a “The information in this thread may be outdated” warning message to reduce the confusion of new users.

Erlend
    Participant

@sadr

Excluding older threads in the search would definitely be a very acceptable compromise.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Excluding posts from search before a certain date seems like a good idea. I’ll get it done this week.

Erlend
    Participant

@sadr

Excellent, many thanks. And by the way, I hope you agree that part of the search should be opt-out, not -in. Only the old-timers around here are gonna want to dig further back into the archives.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar