Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Apostrophe issue

• For some reason, I can’t submit a post that has an odd number of apostrophes in it. Here is the error I get:

bbPress database error: [You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 't i use an apostrophe?
    ','2007-12-21 20:48:42', '76.24.176.14', '0', ' at line 4]
    INSERT INTO thinkstorm_posts (forum_id, topic_id, poster_id, post_text, post_time, poster_ip, post_status, post_position) VALUES ('13', '7', '1', '

can't i use an odd number of apostrophes?
    ','2007-12-21 20:48:42', '76.24.176.14', '0', 11)

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/outchy2/public_html/thinkstorm/bb-includes/db.php:185) in /home/outchy2/public_html/thinkstorm/bb-includes/pluggable.php on line 164

What should I be looking for to fix this?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The apostrophe in “can’t” needs to be escaped… if I’m reading this right.

So normal users will have to escape every apostrophe they write in a post? There must be a way around that, right? I mean, I can write the word “can’t” right here…how is that?

Could be plugins. Try to deactivate (or activate?) one by one to find out which cause this.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

> So normal users will have to escape every apostrophe

> they write in a post?

No, they don’t. (<—- see? ) You have an issue with your installation, probably a plugin, as livibetter suggested.

Yes, it was the “Admin Can Post Anything” plugin. Thanks!

Admin Can Post Anything will work if you remove the line that reads something like this:

remove_filter('pre_post', 'addslashes');

I had the same issue with bbsync and that fixed it. Since I used _ck_’s ACPA code, I assume it’ll work for you, too :P

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar