Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Another wp-bb-press integration snafu

• theoldgringo

@theoldgringo

Just tried to integrate bbpress and wordpress, and now I can’t login to bbpress. I had two users set up in my forum — a key master and a normal user — and I’m getting responses that neither exist. I’m wondering if the problem may be related to the “Locked Out” thread of a couple of weeks back, but I’m not getting any error message when I try call the forum. But neither of my user names is recognized, and I donno how to get into admin to see if they’re still there. I’m using 0.9.0.3 bbpress and 2.7 wordpress. I installed both of them separately then later tried to effect the integration; they reside in separate databases on the server (ddigger1_final and ddigger1_bbpress); bbpress is in a subdirectory of public_html, as is wordpress.

Any suggestions on how to fix it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

bbPress .9 won’t integrate with WP 2.7.

Use the alpha version and things should be okay.

theoldgringo

@theoldgringo

Thanks.

How would I reset bbpress to the non-integrated configuration?

I’m having the same problem, but I’m using WP 2.6 and bbPress 0.9.0.4.

I installed and integrated bbPress with WP a month or so ago and everything went fine. I can’t get it working with a fresh installment.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

The bbPress 0.9* series is designed for integration with WordPress up to 2.5.1.

@chrishajer: Do you know if the next release of bbPress will have integration with the later WP versions? I wish I’d just kept my old installation. ):

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Yes, the 1.0 branch will have integration with WordPress 2.7+

There have been quite a few 1.o alpha releases in the past few months, but they keep changing fast and wouldn’t be suitable for a live site.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar