Categories
Search
Bottom

Anonymous Posting + Approve before post is live

• wilcosky
    Participant

@wilcosky

Hello,

I used to have bbpress a couple of years ago and I’m thinking about using it again, especially once the bbpress plugin is finished. Before I consider bbpress again I need to know if the system allows anonymous/guest posting and also if you can make it so that all posts must be approved before they go live on the site? Again, I have used bbpress but I don’t remember if it has this functionality or not. I’m almost positive that it does not come with anonymous/guest posting (maybe there is a plugin?), but I’m thinking it might come with the approve before posting type option…

Basically I’m wanting to allow people to post discussions without registering. Since they won’t have to register, I’ll need to approve each post to ensure junk/spam isn’t being posted.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• wilcosky
    Participant

@wilcosky

Okay, nvm. I just read more about the new plugin coming out and it looks like anonymous posting will be possible. Woohoo! I can’t wait for this plugin!!!!

wilcosky
    Participant

@wilcosky

Okay, nvm. I just read more about the new plugin coming out and it looks like anonymous posting will be possible. Woohoo! I can’t wait for this plugin!!!!

andy.mcdonald

@andymcdonald-1

Were you able to find out if this plugin has come out yet, or when it might? I’m searching for the exact same thing you are and would greatly appreciate any information you might have that will guide me to being able to hold off posts until I approve them. Thanks:)

andy.mcdonald

@andymcdonald-1

Were you able to find out if this plugin has come out yet, or when it might? I’m searching for the exact same thing you are and would greatly appreciate any information you might have that will guide me to being able to hold off posts until I approve them. Thanks:)

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Anonymous posting is in the bbPress plugin, but not the moderation ability like you need. That would need to be built, and could be done pretty easily by intercepting new replies and switching the status to ‘pending’

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Anonymous posting is in the bbPress plugin, but not the moderation ability like you need. That would need to be built, and could be done pretty easily by intercepting new replies and switching the status to ‘pending’

So…

1) is it not possible for forum moderators to receive email notices of pending comments/replies, from which they could then approve those posts?

and 2) Using Role Manager, for the Subscriber role if I uncheck “publish_topics”, then the Subscriber can’t publish comments/replies either. I want subscribers to be able to add comments/replies (so the edit_replies, publish_replies, edit_posts, publish_posts are all checked), but not create new topics.

So…

1) is it not possible for forum moderators to receive email notices of pending comments/replies, from which they could then approve those posts?

and 2) Using Role Manager, for the Subscriber role if I uncheck “publish_topics”, then the Subscriber can’t publish comments/replies either. I want subscribers to be able to add comments/replies (so the edit_replies, publish_replies, edit_posts, publish_posts are all checked), but not create new topics.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar