Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Akismet Settings? "No recorded history. Akismet has not checked this post."

• Matoca
    Participant

@matoca

I installed bbPress about 3 weeks ago on an existing wp 3.7.1 installation that is kept up to date. It is working fine, but I noticed this morning when I look at replies in my dashboard that there is a field below the reply that says “Akismet: No recorded history. Akismet has not checked this post.” All replies and topics are not being checked by Akismet.

I have searched through every possible setting in the dashboard but I cannot find where I tell Akismet to actually check the forum topics and replies.

Can anyone provide me with a little more information? I tried searching the Akismet help files but they don’t reference bbPress or forum use.
    Thank you, Matoca

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Matoca
    Participant

@matoca

I should mention that this setting is properly checked in the bbPress settings and has been since it was installed, as it appears to be the default setting:
    Akismet Integration
    Forum settings for Akismet
    Use Akismet: Allow Akismet to actively prevent forum spam.

In most cases if a plugin was acting like this I would just un-install and then re-install but with the forum very active I don’t think I should be doing that?

stephaniemiller664
    Participant

@stephaniemiller664

Me too that is what my problem now. thanks anyway Matoca for sharing your knowledge to them.

Do you have the Akismet plugin activated and have a valid API key?
    https://codex.wordpress.org/Plugins/Akismet

Matoca
    Participant

@matoca

Yes, I do. I have checked the Akismet page in my dashboard and it says “Valid” in green under the API key and “All Akismet servers are available” and “Akismet is working correctly. All servers are accessible.”

I checked the Akismet stats and since I added bbPress it is showing 166 incidents of Ham in this month, but no spam and nothing prior to that. Would it see the new forum posts as “ham?” I am not requiring users to register, but letting them post with just a user name and email.

I really want to keep it that way, but I also want Akismet to protect us to some extent.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar