Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Adsense Plugin

• jezza101
    Participant

@jezza101

Hi all, just a quick post to plug my new advert unit plugin. It’s a common idea but I couldn’t see a bbpress 2 version so thought I’d have a go. The plugin allows you to insert an advert unit into your threads. Currently the ad will appear after the first post, and can optionally be hidden from logged in users.

I have a few ideas on how to improve it and tidy it up, but happy to consider other requests time permitting.

You can download it from WP here.

Would love to hear from anyone using it and see it running on other sites…

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

• ntmedia
    Participant

@ntmedia

Hey jezza, great Plugin – just what im looking for and it works perfect.

But I have an little issue especially with my theme, because i also added the KKLike-Button at the end of every reply so user can like each of them. This button is added after the content and as you manipulate the content to insert the adsense-code the Like-Button is now shown after the adsense-code. Hope you understand my bad english! πŸ™‚ Any ideas to fix it?

jezza101
    Participant

@jezza101

I think it would be a case of changing the order of the two filters? So when you apply a filter you have to set the priority:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/add_filter

If you change the priority of the filter on that plugin to be less than the filter on mine it might then work in the right order.

Which plugin are you using? Is it this: https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/kk-i-like-it/

I can have a look if I can get the right plugin to test…

ntmedia
    Participant

@ntmedia

Yes, that`s the right plugin, but i insert the code manuelly at loop-single-reply.php of bbpress right after the reply-content is called.

Thanks for your help

jezza101
    Participant

@jezza101

Just a small bump to say this plugin is updated. As before, let me know if you have ideas to make this better.

Cheers.

Morgensonne
    Participant

@morgensonne

Hi jezza,

really a great plugin!! Thanks.
    Does it works with the latest WP Version 3.6 ?

tinfoiler
    Participant

@tinfoiler

I just installed this plugin in wordpress 3.6, when i enabled the plugin i got the following message:

The plugin generated 50 characters of unexpected output during activation. If you notice β€œheaders already sent” messages, problems with syndication feeds or other issues, try deactivating or removing this plugin.

This doesnt seem to have had any effect on the plugin though as it still inserts ads correctly into the forums.

Morgensonne
    Participant

@morgensonne

Hi tinfoiler,

that sounds not good. πŸ™
    I’m a newbie. What is the meaning of this error message??
    And where does it appear? Do you see that in the public section of the forum?

tinfoiler
    Participant

@tinfoiler

It just appeared when the plugin was activated and nowhere else. It doesnt seem to affect anything as the ad codes i have added are appearing in the forums and in the correct locations specified.

Edit: I dont know what this notification message means.

Morgensonne
    Participant

@morgensonne

Many thanks!
    Maybe jezza still reads the forum and tell us something about that.

jezza101
    Participant

@jezza101

Hi guys!

It means that somewhere in the plugin there is some “white space”, usually this comes after the php closing tags.

Fortunately this is no show stopper and the plugin still works.

I use it on my own site nxtab.co.uk and therefore I am committed to keeping it up to date, I had no problems migrating to 3.6 and will be quick to fix any issues raised.

I will take a look at this error above and will get an update out asap.

Any other probs, or suggestions, let me know. If I don’t spot the post I can be reached via twitter @jezza101

Morgensonne
    Participant

@morgensonne

Hi jezza,

thank you for your feedback.
    I am very pleased that you still are updating this great plugin! πŸ™‚

jezza101
    Participant

@jezza101

No probs, checked the plugin’s forum on wordpress.org and saw there were a few issues raised there so a bit of work ahead.

I have started work on 0.4 πŸ™‚

FreeWPress
    Participant

@freewpress

Hi jezza, i’ve add your great plugin, it works fine.. Thanks

Is possible in future version to have a css customization for the <div>, possibility to add text in adv in middle topic (where is present the date), and decide where put adv, for example, decide to add adv after, 1 or 2, or 3 etc.. users replies?

Regards…

FreeWPress
    Participant

@freewpress

Hi, i have a little bug with bbp signature.. if you have signature, these, go after ad unit … i now find a solution for this little issue!!

this is a code:

<div class="bbp-signature">forum signature</div>

FreeWPress
    Participant

@freewpress

Problem is because gdpress signature and adunit go in post with and the adunit plugin add the code before bbp-signature DIV…

We have two way, or add adunit code after bbp-signature DIV, or use another metod to add adunit after reply in the loop… for example, after 1 or 2 or 3 and etcc.. post, but not in one single reply.

For the moment i don’t have solutions, in plugin support page have another thread opened by another user… https://wordpress.org/support/topic/breaks-gd-bbpress-tools-signature-in-topic-between-posts?replies=2

With no reply… πŸ™

Daniel J. Lewis
    Participant

@djosephdesign

I would love to see this accept shortcodes, too. And it looks like I’m not the only one.

jezza101
    Participant

@jezza101

Shortcode support now added to 0.4.

I’ll have a look at some of the other points above. I’ve begun working on 0.5!

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar