Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

admin email change

• I was just wondering if it would cause problems if I changed the admin email address in config.php after the install process had already taken place? I tried chagning it in the admin user profile after the install, but it had no effect on the address listed in config.php. Is it a good idea to make changes to config.php after the install script has run? or is there a better way to do it?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

My guess is that the email in the config.php is used for setup only. Afterward, I changed mine in my profile and it gets updated in my WordPress user table. I changed the email address in my WordPress user table, and it’s changed in the profile in bbPress. None of those changes affected the setting in config.php. I requested a new password with the forgotten password link, for admin, and it went to the email address in the user profile, not the one in config.php.

I am pretty sure the email that is used on an ongoing basis is the one in the profile, and the one in config.php is used for setup only.

That’s my best guess. For consistency, I think I would update both, even if only so that when you do an upgrade in the future, the one in config.php is still accurate.

Thanks for the info. That makes sesne that it would only be used for initial setup. I wasn’t sure though because I’d changed the admin email address under the admin profile, then set up a normal user account with the same email address as what was listed in config.php and after I updated to v0.8, the email address for the normal user showed as “1” in the Admin panel. Just wanted to make sure I wouldn’t break anything if I changed the address in config.php for future updates or anything.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I’m just guessing, but I think my reply is accurate based on limited experience. Maybe someone can correct it if it’s obviously wrong. Thanks.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar