Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Admin can no longer edit, trash, spam topics/replies.

• George
    Participant

@ridecbrcom-1

I currently no longer have options for editing, trashing, spamming, etc any topics or replies on the forum. I also have one topic that somehow moved to the trash bin in the bbpress. When I click topics, I see the topic, but it won’t let me select it to restore it.

Any ideas why this could be happening?

I have user role editor enabled, but disabling it or giving admin all the ability in the world still doesn’t let me edit or delete or restore anything.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• George
    Participant

@ridecbrcom-1

I got the edit/spam/delete buttons to show up again. It was a permission error.

Now, trying to restore the trashed bbpress topic and I get this:

Wordpress Failure Notice

Are you sure you want to do this?

Please try again.

Any ideas?

George
    Participant

@ridecbrcom-1

Fixed. TY.

Nate
    Participant

@caming

Currently running into this … how did you manage a fix?

Thank you ~

silversoulstone
    Participant

@silversoulstone

I had the same issue and successfully fixed it. The message I kept getting going to my Trash screen was “an error occurred while processing this directive”.

Here was my solution:
    -Backup/export all content on the website as .xml files
    -Install the plugin ‘WordPress Reset’
    -Reset the website’s database through the plugin
    -Import .xml files back into the website
    -Editing/trashing/spamming/reporting all worked again

What causes the problem in the first place? Using the ‘Restore’ or ‘Delete Permanently’ links underneath the post’s title in the backend menus of Replies and Topics. To avoid having an inaccessible Trash screen, use the ‘Bulk Actions’ drop down menu to ‘Restore’ or ‘Delete Permanently’ by checking the boxes to the left of each post. For some reason bulk actions work, whereas using BACKEND links to directly change the status of each post can break the functionality of the forum.

It’s safe to click the trash/restore links on the frontend of bbpress, but be careful of how you click around in the backend changing statuses of posts. The plugin ‘Quick Empty Trash’ may also be of assistance for those who can’t reach their list of trashed posts.

Hope this helps whoever’s searching through vague support threads looking for a clear answer. Thanks again to the volunteers who helped make bbpress possible. After all the threads I went through to solve each problem that arose building my forums it was only fair to contribute an explanation I couldn’t find anywhere else.

Cheers!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar