Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Adding WordPress 2.6.2 to bbPress 1.0 makes Keymasters into Admins?!?

• I have a WordPress 2.6.2 installation (xxxxxxx.com) sharing a user tables with bbPress 1.0 Alpha (xxxxxxx.com/forum). There are two separate databases, and bbPress uses the user tables from the WP database. The installations are integrated, but something strange is happening.

If I try to integrate WordPress into bbpress (I need to for everything I am doing), using the following call at the beginning of bb-config.php:

require_once(‘/homepages/15/d202815449/htdocs/wordpress/wp-blog-header.php’);

then my keymaster accounts immediately become admin accounts (and lose the admin tabs of “design”, “settings”, and so on in the admin interface). They show up as admins instead of keymasters on the user page in bb-admin. As soon as I take the call to wp-blog-header.php out again, the accounts go back to keymaster status. Any idea why this could be happening?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • I was thinking this might have something to do with the fact that when I log in through the WP admin, I do not have access to the bbpress admin interface (though I show up as logged in as admin there, and can do admin functions that are on the forum pages etc). I need to login through bbpress to be able to access the bbpress admin. But this DOES allow me access to the WP admin too (as it should).

I have the same exact same problem with wp 2.6.3 and bbpress 1.0-alpha, divided db but integrated login and cookie.

I guess it could be solved by making all login throgh bbpress but it’s annoying.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar