Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Adding "reply" and "new topic" buttons to my forum

• Hi, i’m using BBPress 2.0 with BuddyPress 1.5 which were installed seperately and aren’t integrated through BP.

My BBPress forum is great, however after moving from SMF many members have asked for a “New Topic” button and a “Reply” button in the forums. They can reply or start new topics with the form at the bottom of the page, but for usability i’d like to make their transition a bit easier.

Is it possible to add a reply button to each post – one which quotes the post made?

Also, a reply button at the top/bottom of the thread which takes the user to a page with the posting form would be great.

Also is it possible to have a “New topic” button on the forum index?

Lastly, what files would I edit to make these changes?

Thanks in advance :)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • I found a plugin for “quote” links under posts, but if anyone knows how to add a “New Topic” and “reply” to the top/bottom of the thread page it would be much appreciated :)

Sorry to bump this but anyone know how to add New topic/reply buttons?

amirsaam

@7i7griffin

jus’ add a link to where you need and make the url to the div of the new topic/reply form. I used this one for myself to new topic in the forum page:

<?php if(bb_get_forum_is_category() != bb_is_user_logged_in()) { echo "— <a href='#post-form' class='jAdd'>Add new »</a>"; } ?>

The a class is for a jQuery thing I used, you don’t need that.

That’s perfect 7i7GRiFFiN i’ll play with this later, thanks!

I assume that takes them to the post form area on the forum page itself?

I could do that with a ‘Reply’ button on each post too.

Much thanks :)

amirsaam

@7i7griffin

Yep, but something else you can use if you want that play like Twitter to reply game (Got my mean? Like @OAEErra) on topics you can use this: Easy Mentions

Note: The code I gave you is for StandAlone vr. not the bbPlugin

Bit lost – where in the template should I add this bit of code?

Much thanks :)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar