Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Adding Post Count to Profile

• Craig

@mckrazie

Hello,

I just activated the plugin for post counts on my forum and it works just fine. However, I wanted to add the post_count() string to my profile.php in my template. However, where I wanted to add it was under the “Member Since” information and that isn’t stored directly in the profile.php.

My question is this: How can I add it in there and have it display like the other information for all my users?

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• _ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Use this plugin instead – no editing needed:

https://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/post-count-plus/

Craig

@mckrazie

_ck_,

Thank you so much! You’re the King of Plugins!

However, I wanted to know …

How can I make the text larger for the user’s name? Check out my forum …

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Oddly, all the stuff over there is using the same CSS, which is a little weird. I think I would prefer to have .threadauthor .name, .threadauthor .post_count_plus, .threadauthor .status, .threadauthor .membersince, but that is not there now. If it were, it would be easy to add to style.css and style each item individually. But it’s not.

So, I just added this to .threadauthor in style.css:

font: 13px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;

So now that block looks like this:

.threadauthor {
    margin-left: -110px;
    overflow: hidden;
    position: absolute;
    width: 95px;
    font: 13px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
    }

That worked for me. There are probably better ways to do it, by adding the proper classes to the template file or whatever generates that HTML, but barring that, this one line addition worked fine for me. If 13px is too small still, make it a larger number. You might also need to adjust the width after that.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar