Categories
Search
Bottom

Absolute URL

• sureshdrim
    Participant

@sureshdrim

Hello All,

IS there any way to access absolute URL of any forums #postform at run time from a topic page by using bb_uri() function ?

So that when the link is clicked,it navigates to that topic’s forum page and the focus is at #postform.

Example: Relative RUL is as:

anchorTag href=”forum.php?id=<?php forum_id()?>#postform” anchorTag

I want to access above functionality through bb_rui() function so that its becomes absolute URL.

Thanks !

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• sureshdrim
    Participant

@sureshdrim

Isn’t there any solution for above post ?

I am using Nicer Permalinks which is creating problem with relative URL so I need to provide absolute URL.

I have a anchor tag on topic page called “Start new Topic” with Relative URL values:

anchorTag href=”forum.php?id=<?php forum_id()?>#postform” anchorTag

Which won’t work properly with Permalinks.So I need to write same code using bb_uri() function so that it becomes absolute URL.

Any idea please !!

sureshdrim
    Participant

@sureshdrim

any idea please ?

zaerl
    Participant

@zaerl

bb_uri('forum.php?id=' . forum_id() . '#postform');

sureshdrim
    Participant

@sureshdrim

Dear Zaerl..

I tried

<anchorTag href=”<?php bb_uri(‘forum.php?id=’ . forum_id() . ‘#postform’);?>”>Start new Topic</anchorTag>

But it didn’t work.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

What happened when you tried it? Can we see this somewhere rather than troubleshooting blindly?

sureshdrim
    Participant

@sureshdrim

Hi Chrishajer

if users clicks “Start new Topic” link at top or bottom of the topic page .. it takes to login page if not logged in .. coz I have given absolute URL for login page..till here no problem ..but after user is logged in .. and clicks “Start new Topic” link at top or bottom of the topic page

(ex. http://www.thecollegehunt.com/topic/germanys-octopus-oracle-keeps-perfect-record )

it should go to that forums postform page but nothing happens.

Thanks for help..

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar